By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 1 coming to PS3 (ME Trilogy)

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
Viper1 said:
pezus said:

Doh, I was just going to report this.

Didn't MS have the publishing rights or something?

EA bought Bioware and the IP rights just after the game launched on the X360.   This is why EA had published ME on the PC just a few months after MGS published the game on X360.

Yes, but why did they only bother with a PS3 version now?

to boost the sales of the second and third. And because of the money?

I mean why didn't they make it when hype for ME2 was big? They wouldn't have needed that comic at the start of ME2.

I am sure EA wanted to bring Mass Effect as fast to the PS3 as possible, porting and releasing the first part first and then the second would take too much time. So they ported Mass Effect 2 and made this comic. Of course this is just an asumption, that would make a bit sense for me. But what I don´t understand is why they did not release the first in between the 2nd and the 3rd. And why they don´t just release the whole trilogy for the Wii U.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Well this makes Mass Effect 3 on Wii U completely pointless.

Nonsense. Every test has value.

Now I can finally play ME2 and ME3.

Now just Vesperia is needed. I hope ME1 wasn't over-hyped by its fan base like No More Heroes was. Nintendo could've kept that shit.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I still think this is related to ME3 on the Wii U being delayed

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
I hope ME1 wasn't over-hyped by its fan base like No More Heroes was. Nintendo could've kept that shit.

Some of us did try to warn ya!

adriane23 said:
Now just Vesperia is needed. I hope ME1 wasn't over-hyped by its fan base like No More Heroes was. Nintendo could've kept that shit.

ME1 is the worst game in the series in almost every way, but it's important for the contextualization of the universe and for understanding the growth of different characters throughout the series (Lair of the Shadow Broker won't be nearly as meaningful without seeing how Liara is in the first game; even though she's a bit of a throwaway in ME1, it contributes to her growth as the best-written character in the series)

It's not going to knock your socks off, but if you haven't played ME2 and ME3 then it's the perfect introduction to the universe

Nice news! Will finally give the ME series a shot :P

LET'S GO KNICKS

bestest news evar.

lol big F U to the wiiu version from EA it seems

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!