By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see from Retro Studios?

Tagged games:

What do you want to see from Retro?

Metroid Prime 4 or some other Metroid title 53 32.72%

The Legend of Zelda 10 6.17%

Star Fox 25 15.43%

F-Zero 10 6.17%

New I.P. 45 27.78%

See results 17 10.49%

Total:160
Salnax said:
You know what? I'd like a surprise. Anything BUT a 3D Adventure-Shooter or traditional 2D platformer. Not that these are bad genres. I'd just like them to blow us away with something new again.

If they somehow reboot Ice Climbers though, I'd be excited by the premise alone.

That would be amazing.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

First Starfox and then unleash the bomb, Metroid Prime: The death of Samus

I want a new F-Zero, a new western IP (you know, what Nintendo lacks), a new IP however the hell they want to make it, a sequel to DKC Wii, a new engine, a new car brand, the next Beatles, world peace, a colonial expedition to mars, the assassination of Madonna, and finally a really big, like fucking huge Twinkie.

Anything Retro is capable of doing, really.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

FZero-UX a million of times.

Platinum has to make a new starfox, monster games or shin'en f-zero, and retro... Whatever they want but a FPS!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

Another Metroid Prime or Donkey Kong Country would be great, but if I could choose I'd go for Eternal Darkness 2.

Man there are so many good responses in this thread my head is going to explode. I'm divided about a new Metroid Prime. As much as I love that series, and as much as I think the GamePad is a match made in heaven for it, I'm suffering from general sequelitis.

I like the way THE1 and POE think. Diddy Kong Racing needs a proper follow-up, and I would pretty much sell my soul for a new Banjo-Kazooie platform game, developed by Retro. If only Nintendo could get their hands on that IP.

A new IP would be great, for us and for Nintendo (which needs one), but I kind of like Retro living up to its name: breathing new life into classic games.

So, along those lines, I'll vote Star Fox. The series is in need of a kick in the pants.

I just want them to do StarFox. Because I just want StarFox!

DieAppleDie said:
First Starfox and then unleash the bomb, Metroid Prime: The death of Samus

Might as well go with the full Superman reference:

Metroid Prime

The Death and Return of Samus

They need to redeem the Metroid franchise first and foremost after the terrible Other M and also then take the story somewhere different from the Prime series once they have done this then they can do whatever they want. Considering the Wii U is trying to real back in the hardcore its important that we have a game from Nintendo's darkest franchise(I dont include Eternal Darkness cause theirs only been one game). I will be extremely shocked if Retro arent working on Metroid or at least some other M rated title. If they are working on Star Fox, F Zero or DK its just a waste of their talents.

metroidking said:
They need to redeem the Metroid franchise first and foremost after the terrible Other M and also then take the story somewhere different from the Prime series once they have done this then they can do whatever they want. Considering the Wii U is trying to real back in the hardcore its important that we have a game from Nintendo's darkest franchise(I dont include Eternal Darkness cause theirs only been one game). I will be extremely shocked if Retro arent working on Metroid or at least some other M rated title. If they are working on Star Fox, F Zero or DK its just a waste of their talents.

Bold: Thought you didn't want an Other M title?