By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So.. the new ps3 model is selling out.. in NA

Tagged games:

amazon is much bigger than gamestop

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

In a global sense, yes, but I'd wager they do more game sales in the US than Amazon does.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

sony cant keep up with the demand?

outlawauron said:
leo-j said:

In a global sense, yes, but I'd wager they do more game sales in the US than Amazon does.

looking for receipts.. but I was under the impression that Amazon, followed by best buy were the biggest video game retailers in the Americas..

mM
leo-j said:
outlawauron said:
leo-j said:

looking for receipts.. but I was under the impression that Amazon, followed by best buy were the biggest video game retailers in the Americas..

I was always under the impression that WalMart was the biggest video game retailer -> GameStop.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:
arcane_chaos said:
well it was kinda obvious the sales wouldn't be huge like the first PS3 "revision" as this was announced less than a week ago with zero advertising. Sony probably wants their current model to phase out before shipping larger quantities of the new PS3 slim. I expect some major PS3 deals to phase out the current PS3 slim

Except that Sony has specifically said that they will not be lowering the price on the older models.  If retailers do, that is one thing, but Sony is not discounting any of the current products.

I meant retailers...I'm sure stores like target,gamestop,best buy will have many deals to come; specaily black friday(well for NA)

Leo-J we are by far the biggest seller of Sony hardware in all of NA. This is well known

Nsanity said:

[...]"With the new ‘super-slim’ PS3 out today in the US, no one was really sure how the market would react considering the console actually costs more than the regular slim, but adds in more value. " [...]

I would really like to know what exactly Sony added in value. I hate such blanket statements. Can someone clarify?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

leo-j said:
outlawauron said:
leo-j said:

Walmart is the biggest but Amazon is bigger than GameStop .

hmmmm.... sold out at Amazon.com, but not showing on top ten list?  That means there was not alot for sale.......

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o