By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So.. the new ps3 model is selling out.. in NA

Tagged games:

outlawauron said:
leo-j said:
amazon is much bigger than gamestop

In a global sense, yes, but I'd wager they do more game sales in the US than Amazon does.

I bet you'd be wrong.

If Amazon is making Best Buy scramble, you can bet your sweet ass that it's making companies like Game Stop nervous too.

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
Adinnieken said:
arcane_chaos said:
well it was kinda obvious the sales wouldn't be huge like the first PS3 "revision" as this was announced less than a week ago with zero advertising. Sony probably wants their current model to phase out before shipping larger quantities of the new PS3 slim. I expect some major PS3 deals to phase out the current PS3 slim

Except that Sony has specifically said that they will not be lowering the price on the older models.  If retailers do, that is one thing, but Sony is not discounting any of the current products.

I meant retailers...I'm sure stores like target,gamestop,best buy will have many deals to come; specaily black friday(well for NA)

I'll capitulate here, because as far as Black Friday goes, I think Sony will offer a discounted price.  I can't see them not offering something for that holiday.  To put their statement into context though, the current PS3 Slim models won't see a discount in an effort to clear out inventories.  As they sell out, they'll be replaced by the new units.

Probably sold out in Australia due to those trade bundles.

talk to us when a "actual retail" store sells out

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

They probably didnt ship many anyway. Specially with the price hike. Although im looking to pick one up this Christmas.

Yay!!!

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
talk to us when a "actual retail" store sells out

THis ^^^^^^^^

Why is this news when all other retails still have plenty.

I haven't been following any news for two weeks. Just realised the slim is out, lol. But they actually increased the price? Wow, didn't expect that. I guess they need the monies.

Anyway, doesn't seem like this will boost sales much, just bring more profits for Sony, which is a good thing I guess, as much as I'd like for PS3 to do better.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

So how much they shipped?

Sold out at Amazon and likely a boost at other shops, curious about the end result.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Thats good news but im only expecting a small boost in sales if anything.