By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Less And Less Single Player Only Games.... (I am leaving this site behind me soon)

Are single player games dieing???

Yes: very fast 32 27.12%

Yes: very slowly 34 28.81%

No 49 41.53%

Who needs singleplayer... 2 1.69%

Total:117
BHR-3 said:
dont request a permaban just dont log in or visit if you dont want to come here

No, has to be dramatic man.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
hatmoza said:
Are we allowed to request perm bans still? I thought that stopped.

Why don't you request one and see?

I won't give you the satisfaction, cannibal!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I don't play multiplayer and I enjoyed the hell out of Mass Effect 3 and Bioshock 2. I'm a huge fan of Halo and I haven't played it's multiplayer since the days of split screen on the original Xbox.

Just because a game has multiplayer it doesn't mean the single player is less good.

hatmoza said:

Last one we had requested was within the last week, I think.

Let's see:
- The 4 games beneath my avatar ("currently playing"): single player (only afaik).
- About 80% of all games I ever bought: single player only.
- About 80% of all games I will buy in the future: single player only.
- Reg. the about 20% of games I bought/will buy which have multiplayer: I never even played multiplayer in games which are famous for this feature, e.g. Age of Empires 2.
- Most games in games collection of thread starter: single player.

Poll answer: No. Personal addendum: Never.

And why should you ask for a VGC permaban if you only made around 700 posts in 2 and a half years which averages to 1 post a day? Doesn't look like you've been too addicted to the site like others who requested a permaban.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
hatmoza said:

Last one we had requested was within the last week, I think.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/8527/highwaystar101/  damn. One of the four most educated people this site ever seen... gone.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Agreed, One of the only games that made me appreciate this gen was Bioshock and it did not need multiplayer to do it. The sad thing about your list, is that their are many many more then what was listed. It would take forever to list them all. One game where I feel the singleplayer was great and multiplayer was good was Halo 2. Then Halo 3 they went to focus on multiplayer and the singleplayer just wasn't good to me imo.

Maybe less big budget single player games, but there are a ton of single player games coming out all of the time. They tend to be indie games or new IPs. But the trend of an IP starting off single player for the first game and then adding multiplayer to the sequels is nothing new. This even happened on the NES. Double Dragon -> Double Dragon II, Ninja Turtles -> Ninja Turtles 2, Tetris -> Tetris 2.

As this happens we get new games that are single player such as Dark Siders, Sleeping Dogs, Witcher, The Wonderful 101 and a ton of cool indie games.

As long as there are plenty of games that retain a great single player portion, I could care less if they add multiplayer. Though I really like the co-op in RE5, since I play all of the RE and Silent Hill games with a friend anyway. This time instead of passing the controller we could play at the same time. Too bad it sound like RE6 even sucks in Co-op.

Oh I forgot to add. You could even play with two people in FF IV, drop in drop out.

I love single player games. I also like Coop games. I don't like competitive multiplayer which is what most games are having shoehorned in.