By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Black Mesa Source Released!

http://release.blackmesasource.com/

Why in the world are you still on this site reading this when you could have started your download?

.... go... go download it!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
pezus said:

I heard it's not complete? How much remains to be remade? 

The Xen levels apparently.

@OP

I've already started my download :)

What is black mesa?

Very impressive, awesome work from that team.. high quality stuff.. really like it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Took'em soooo long and still I feel not that impressed.

My interest level was gone about 2 years ago.

Around the Network

I've progressed to the blast pit and it's been enjoyable. So far I'd say they've done a fantastic job. They put their heart into this and it's shown.

I've experienced a few odd issues of a characters disappearing as I walk up to them. For example, when the scientist in the locker room is asking why he has to wear his tie, he vanished. Same thing happened to one of the 4 vortigaunts when they walk up in front of you when the resonance cascade happens.

I ran into a game breaking issue though that I suddenly couldn't load save files. I could deal with the odd character vanishing, but this pretty much stops me dead in my tracks.

I like it so far.

A few bugs though. When I've died and tried to respawn, the game crashed as well as trying to load saves. Seems to be fixed by simply restarting.

As boring as the original game, wasted more than hour of my time on this crap.

runqvist said:

I'm curious what FPS games do you like? I've played most of them and I'd consider the original HL one of the best.

Dallinor said:
runqvist said:

I'm curious what FPS games do you like? I've played most of them and I'd consider the original HL one of the best.

I play mostly tf2/bf3 nowadays. If you are talking about single player fps games, then stalker series, system/bioshock games and original deus ex are some of my favourites.