By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U will sell under 40 million units

cutzman25 said:
Wii U wont prob see 20 million

In my opinion it will do it,so we disagree,It's good seeing you being cautious,cool-headed and not absolute though...

I make that quote to paradigmatize some other people!:P

Around the Network

Thank god I was still a lurker when this thread was first made, saves me some humiliation .

I probably shouldn't mention that I once mentioned in some threads that WiiU would sell 64m, but well..

Anyway, Gamerace had the right idea back then, congrats to him and OP!

tak13 said:
cutzman25 said:
Wii U wont prob see 20 million

In my opinion it will do it,so we disagree,It's good seeing you being cautious,cool-headed and not absolute though...

Tak if you take the time to re-read my post you will see words like might and chance.  There is nothing certain about my statement.  You really should drop it and stop suggesting I'm not calm. That recurring theme suggests you need to chill out not me.  Give it a rest. 

It's current peak year is 2014, if it sold that same amount in 2015,2016 and 2017 it'd finish at almost exactly 20 million. It won't sell that many in 2017 if it's successor is coming out, but I also expect 2015 to be the WiiU's peak not 2014.

I predict 19.3 - 21.5 million sales by the end of it's life. (assuming it's successor launches in 2017)

21.3 - 23.5 million if it's sucessor launches in 2018.

Barkley said:

It's current peak year is 2014, if it sold that same amount in 2015,2016 and 2017 it'd finish at almost exactly 20 million. It won't sell that many in 2017 if it's successor is coming out, but I also expect 2015 to be the WiiU's peak not 2014.

I predict 19.3 - 21.5 million sales by the end of it's life.

I'd also expect this year to be the peak. 

Around the Network

We should be happy if Wii U reach 20M.

Barkley said:

I predict 19.3 - 21.5 million sales by the end of it's life.

This is why I still believe that 20m is the lowest it can sell,you are very logical...

I agree that 2015 will be the peak year,more constant game releases(sharp drop prevention at least) and a momentum from mario kart 8 and smash bros(A game release doesn't help only near after its release and just in the year of its release)it can definetely do 4m this year,it's not so hard to go from the 3.5m of 2014 to 4m in  2015(It's neither irrational nor overestimating)although with a price cut of 50$ it can sell more...

Also wii u had a bad first semester in 2014(pre-mario kart 8 time interval)...Wii u currently outnumbers considerably the first two months of the first semester of 2014....

The problem is the down yoy of Japan but the west counterbalances and outdo quite a lot this deficit,nintendo have some aces  up on the sleeve for Japan but Japanese care for great deals(A bundle which by buying  it you save a lot money) not so much for game releases,in 2014 unfortunately there wasn't any great deals like in 2013 for wii u in Japan...

Na is very important for nintendo,in this place is the huge gap with gc and must do something for that but the gap happens just because gc had two big consecutive price cuts in its first two years...In Japan and Europe the gap isn't big,despite gc's very lower price lead....

Anyway,still the secret weapon are the price cuts...

If doesn't sell 20m+ without  price cuts(pessimistic scenario),it will sureley do it with price cuts...

Kerotan said:
tak13 said:

Tak if you take the time to re-read my post you will see words like might and chance.  There is nothing certain about my statement.  You really should drop it and stop suggesting I'm not calm. That recurring theme suggests you need to chill out not me.  Give it a rest. 

As a owner of one I hope it sells 60 million but the numbers I see weekly are not promising

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

BenVTrigger said:
Unfortuantly for those of you disagreeing with me I have a rediculous accuracy when it comes to these things mostly to do with the fact that I see real numbers every day and dont carry any personal feeling into numbers.

And anyone saying 40 million or less are very wrong. Casuals are the ones doing much of the current pre-orders

(Insert salty comment here)

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

You guys can thank me for finding this burried thread XD!