By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers bombard Platinum Games with hate-filled messages over Bayonetta 2 on Wii U

oniyide said:

well to be fair SoTN wasnt a followup to the last 2d Castlevania game, it was the strart of Metroidvania, but thats for another time. Yeah it didnt get An actual Mega Man game, and that sucks.

You cant know if people didnt behave like that, this happened years ago when things like forums or IGN etc. were not that prelevant, im sure you had some kooks who were saying and acting just a crazy as these people are know, i know cause ive seen em. They most def didnt keep to themselves. 

K, fair enough, I don't know everybody offline so it's hard to tell, but I was keeping to myself about it and I was really upset inside. The only person I talked to about this to vent was my brother and he agreed with me. We saw a new contender in the market with 0 experience in the field get all the exclusives that were Nintendo's, which Nintendo had proven to be able to hold them up. We were enraged.

And now we have to listen to Kyliedog say that for the PS1 it was acceptable but not for the WiiU, to add insult to injury if you know what I mean.

@reply to post to seth. No, everyone knew what to expect from a Nintendo console, as we did in the transition from NES to SNES. It was only natural to expect the same going on to the 4th generation. So I don't think I had it wrong. Those who got FFVII, Megaman X follow-ups and Metal Gear 3D incarnations knew why they were jumping ship, and were ready to support Nintendo before it became clear what was happening.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
.... and with that I sent them a very nice and supportive message yesterday. I think people need to be more happy that the game is even coming out and less irritated its on a console they don't already own.

I think all Nintendo fans should follow this example. Do you have a link we can use?

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

well to be fair SoTN wasnt a followup to the last 2d Castlevania game, it was the strart of Metroidvania, but thats for another time. Yeah it didnt get An actual Mega Man game, and that sucks.

You cant know if people didnt behave like that, this happened years ago when things like forums or IGN etc. were not that prelevant, im sure you had some kooks who were saying and acting just a crazy as these people are know, i know cause ive seen em. They most def didnt keep to themselves. 

K, fair enough, I don't know everybody offline so it's hard to tell, but I was keeping to myself about it and I was really upset inside. The only person I talked to about this to vent was my brother and he agreed with me. We saw a new contender in the market with 0 experience in the field get all the exclusives that were Nintendo's, which Nintendo had proven to be able to hold them up. We were enraged.

And now we have to listen to Kyliedog say that for the PS1 it was acceptable but not for the WiiU, to add insult to injury if you know what I mean.

@reply to post to seth. No, everyone knew what to expect from a Nintendo console, as we did in the transition from NES to SNES. It was only natural to expect the same going on to the 4th generation. So I don't think I had it wrong. Those who got FFVII, Megaman X follow-ups and Metal Gear 3D incarnations knew why they were jumping ship, and were ready to support Nintendo before it became clear what was happening.

I grew up on Sega...at least your company is still making hardware. I know i had a meltdown when the Saurn got slaughtered, it was my first and only one as a gamer. I learned to get the system with the games, period. IMHO it doesnt matter if there are some companies that are "evil" and wont support another one, that doesnt get me games faster. 

I dont know why Kyliedog is saying its acceptable for PS1 but not Wii U. Maybe he believes that people should have seen it coming with the system that Ninty was trying to push with the N64??

oniyide said:

I grew up on Sega...at least your company is still making hardware. I know i had a meltdown when the Saurn got slaughtered, it was my first and only one as a gamer. I learned to get the system with the games, period. IMHO it doesnt matter if there are some companies that are "evil" and wont support another one, that doesnt get me games faster. 

I dont know why Kyliedog is saying its acceptable for PS1 but not Wii U. Maybe he believes that people should have seen it coming with the system that Ninty was trying to push with the N64??

I agree that Sega had it bad, but do you know how shitty it is to be a fan of a company that was for 2 gens the goto company for top gaming experiences, to be relegated to the laughingstock of the industry by the time the Gamecube came out?

There was nothing worse than being a Nintendo fan in terms of hearing feedback from others during that period.

"Nintendo sucks"

"Nintendo is for kids"

"Nintendo has shitty games"

All of that stuff that started once the PS became the #1 console in the industry. It makes you understand why few of us feel pity when Sony starts to tank. Though Sony has been making great games this past gen and Gran Turismo before that, there is little sympathy I feel for the users in OP.

VicViper said:
Euphoria14 said:
Is WiiU using BD sized discs? If so, they should package Bayonetta onto the same disc along with B2.

25 gb per disc

And yes, they should. Or at least rerelease the first game with extra thingies.

I'm determined to make this joke work

"Yes... extra... thingies"

Moderated,

-happydolphin

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Building further hate is not how you win customers, should not just ignore haters because you are ignoring a huge part of the market, should be winning them over.  Nintendo should be getting multiplats while pumping out quality first party hardcore titles, not just Mario or Zelda and other mainstream casual stuff but there own versions of games like Bayonetta. 

That way fans of Bayonetta will not hate them even more and instead see other games like Bayonetta that can potentially change their minds on Wii U.

There is some amazing psychology going on here.

So there are some Bayonetta fans who would rather never have the chance to play Bayonetta 2 at all, than to only have the chance to play it on the Wii U.

Y'know, I think you're right. Some psych major could get a paper out of this phenomenon.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

I agree that Sega had it bad, but do you know how shitty it is to be a fan of a company that was for 2 gens the goto company for top gaming experiences, to be relegated to the laughingstock of the industry by the time the Gamecube came out?

There was nothing worse than being a Nintendo fan in terms of hearing feedback from others during that period.

"Nintendo sucks"

"Nintendo is for kids"

"Nintendo has shitty games"

All of that stuff that started once the PS became the #1 console in the industry. It makes you understand why few of us feel pity when Sony starts to tank. Though Sony has been making great games this past gen and Gran Turismo before that, there is little sympathy I feel for the users in OP.

Ninty did kind of do it to themselves, sticking with cartridges, not wanting certain games on the system due to image, being general dickheads to some companies in their heyday. Its not that they are complete victims and honestly thats always been my issue, not with Ninty they learned most of their mistakes, but some fans act like they are beyond reproach. Hell this whole B2 thing is good for laughs, but some will act Ninty fans havent had meltdowns the entire gen. Dead Space and Nba Jam just to name two, granted they are not near as big or crazy as this one, but they have been more frequent. People talk crap about Sony all the time, doesnt mean anything, its a video game company,not someones family. I dont get mad at those things no more, unless its something that is a bold face lie. So I feel little sympathy for Ninty owners myself, hell i feel little sympathy period

If only Twitter was around when Final Fantasy VII went to the Playstation..

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Can you get diabetes from over-indulging in the tears of frustrated PS360 fanboys? If so, I'm gonna be needin' *a lot* of insulin...

To be honest, I'm almost as annoyed as the guys in the OP. I'd really rather not see "mature" games plaguing my beloved Nintendo consoles. The game being published by Nintendo is just the icing on the cake (in a negative way).
The only good thing about this is the response it's getting from the pathetic "core" gamers, :D.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx