By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers bombard Platinum Games with hate-filled messages over Bayonetta 2 on Wii U

oniyide said:

Ninty did kind of do it to themselves, sticking with cartridges, not wanting certain games on the system due to image, being general dickheads to some companies in their heyday. Its not that they are complete victims and honestly thats always been my issue, not with Ninty they learned most of their mistakes, but some fans act like they are beyond reproach. Hell this whole B2 thing is good for laughs, but some will act Ninty fans havent had meltdowns the entire gen. Dead Space and Nba Jam just to name two, granted they are not near as big or crazy as this one, but they have been more frequent. People talk crap about Sony all the time, doesnt mean anything, its a video game company,not someones family. I dont get mad at those things no more, unless its something that is a bold face lie. So I feel little sympathy for Ninty owners myself, hell i feel little sympathy period

See, you made a mistake right there to think I thought Nintendo was without reproach, and if you think I personally take that attitude, and I personally know few Nintendo fans apart a handful online that are actually like that.

So, it bothered me alot, but you don't need to feel anything about that, just wanted to mention.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

Ninty did kind of do it to themselves, sticking with cartridges, not wanting certain games on the system due to image, being general dickheads to some companies in their heyday. Its not that they are complete victims and honestly thats always been my issue, not with Ninty they learned most of their mistakes, but some fans act like they are beyond reproach. Hell this whole B2 thing is good for laughs, but some will act Ninty fans havent had meltdowns the entire gen. Dead Space and Nba Jam just to name two, granted they are not near as big or crazy as this one, but they have been more frequent. People talk crap about Sony all the time, doesnt mean anything, its a video game company,not someones family. I dont get mad at those things no more, unless its something that is a bold face lie. So I feel little sympathy for Ninty owners myself, hell i feel little sympathy period

See, you made a mistake right there to think I thought Nintendo was without reproach, and if you think I personally take that attitude, and I personally know few Nintendo fans apart a handful online that are actually like that.

So, it bothered me alot, but you don't need to feel anything about that, just wanted to mention.

wasnt talking about you, i know you're more level headed than that, im talking the ones who actually DO think Ninty is beyond reproach. 

What a bunch a babies... Boo hoo. Shut up and move on.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

mrstickball said:
If only Twitter was around when Final Fantasy VII went to the Playstation..

Sure, then we could point and say "hey, Sony fans, you didn't have much of a problem with this when DQ and FF were walled-off from Nintendo."

I wonder how many of them have actually played Bayonetta.

Around the Network

they must be teenagers. Don´t worry, they´l grow up

Herolink7 said:
I wonder how many of them have actually played Bayonetta.

The first people who post it right after the game was announced most likely play and are fans of the first Bayonetta. The ones that continue after the announcement and are still doing it are just stupid MS and Sony fanboys.

Nintendo and PC gamer

mrstickball said:

Not quite an equivalence. If the Playstation didn't exist, FF7 would have been made for N64, or maybe (longshot) a Sega console

If the Wii U didn't exist, neither would Bayonetta 2. There's a strange, unthinking conceit that Nintendo should be funding multiplatform game development.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
mrstickball said:

Not quite an equivalence. If the Playstation didn't exist, FF7 would have been made for N64, or maybe (longshot) a Sega console

If the Wii U didn't exist, neither would Bayonetta 2. There's a strange, unthinking conceit that Nintendo should be funding multiplatform game development.

Not so strange. It comes from the same platform of people who wish that Nintendo would make games for "real consoles," so you could get Zelda in HD or Mario Kart on LIVE or some rubbish to that effect.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Sorry for being late to the party, but I wouldn't call those people gamers, I would call them self-entitled pricks.