By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers bombard Platinum Games with hate-filled messages over Bayonetta 2 on Wii U

happydolphin said:
superchunk said:
.... and with that I sent them a very nice and supportive message yesterday. I think people need to be more happy that the game is even coming out and less irritated its on a console they don't already own.

I think all Nintendo fans should follow this example. Do you have a link we can use?

I used twitter.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Immortal said:
To be honest, I'm almost as annoyed as the guys in the OP. I'd really rather not see "mature" games plaguing my beloved Nintendo consoles. The game being published by Nintendo is just the icing on the cake (in a negative way).
The only good thing about this is the response it's getting from the pathetic "core" gamers, :D.

Is nothing mature about Bayonetta, the sexualisation is aimed solely at males that have never touched a woman, so mostly teenage boys.

I repeat, "mature", not mature. The majority of games that are remotely popular on HD consoles - excluding sports games like FIFA and a few others - have plenty of gore, explicit sexual content or generally racy stuff in order to give off this "mature" image. This is to appeal to the biggest demographic for video games in general; the 11-to-19 one. I'm willing to bet that more than 90% of the players of CoD, for example, are under twenty.

While this game specifically appears to be niche, its general intended market is a near-perfect representation of the market for most popular HD games, meaning that this could easily just be the beginning of the "core", "mature" audience coming to Nintendo en masse, which I'd hate personally. Hence my statement about these games (and their wonderful fans) plaguing my beloved consoles.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Yes, let me taste your tears, hardcore!

Honestly, I don't even care about this game, I just enjoy seeing the hardcore in full blown meltdown mode.

Immortal said:
KylieDog said:
Immortal said:
To be honest, I'm almost as annoyed as the guys in the OP. I'd really rather not see "mature" games plaguing my beloved Nintendo consoles. The game being published by Nintendo is just the icing on the cake (in a negative way).
The only good thing about this is the response it's getting from the pathetic "core" gamers, :D.

Is nothing mature about Bayonetta, the sexualisation is aimed solely at males that have never touched a woman, so mostly teenage boys.

I repeat, "mature", not mature. The majority of games that are remotely popular on HD consoles - excluding sports games like FIFA and a few others - have plenty of gore, explicit sexual content or generally racy stuff in order to give off this "mature" image. This is to appeal to the biggest demographic for video games in general; the 11-to-19 one. I'm willing to bet that more than 90% of the players of CoD, for example, are under twenty.

While this game specifically appears to be niche, its general intended market is a near-perfect representation of the market for most popular HD games, meaning that this could easily just be the beginning of the "core", "mature" audience coming to Nintendo en masse, which I'd hate personally. Hence my statement about these games (and their wonderful fans) plaguing my beloved consoles.

isnt that what some of you wanted??? to get games that were not being released on Wii? well here u go

KylieDog said:
forest-spirit said:
KylieDog said:
This is how you please a fanbase and make yourself liked, Nintendo.

The haters didn't like Nintendo before, nor where they going to buy the Wii U so it's not like Nintendo is losing something here. All in all this will end up well for them as a lot of fans of Bayonetta, and Platinum games in general, will support their console.

Building further hate is not how you win customers, should not just ignore haters because you are ignoring a huge part of the market, should be winning them over.  Nintendo should be getting multiplats while pumping out quality first party hardcore titles, not just Mario or Zelda and other mainstream casual stuff but there own versions of games like Bayonetta. 

That way fans of Bayonetta will not hate them even more and instead see other games like Bayonetta that can potentially change their minds on Wii U.

Would that not alienate other parts of their audience?

Nintendo are trying to have all bits of the pie. A few tears doesn't mean all the Bayonetta fans will stear clear of the Wii U. If they keep delivering other 'core' friendly exclusives or multiplats they will win them over - say GTA multiplat, Dragon Quest exclusive, Final Fantasy multiplat, Retro and Monolith exclusives and so on. Nothing wrong with ruffling a few feathers - creates publicity.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
This is how you please a fanbase and make yourself liked, Nintendo.

What the heck are you talking about? Wouldn't this be Platinum Games decision to make it exclusive??

Nintendo should capitalize on more abandoned gems. Thank god its getting the recognition it deserves

KylieDog said:
Immortal said:

It's called humour, nobody takes the sexual innuendos in Bayonetta seriously.

brendude13 said:
KylieDog said:
Immortal said:

It's called humour, nobody takes the sexual innuendos in Bayonetta seriously.

Eh, you'd be surprised. The sexuality of Bayonetta is likely half tongue-in-cheek, half "serious" (in the vein that sexuality of any otaku-oriented japan-produced game is "serious").

The game's sexuality is certainly received differently by Eastern and Western audiences.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'm happy that Bayonetta 2 is been made..... period.

I will buy it day 1 on WiiU.

Shenmue III exclusive to WiiU next.

Go on Nintendo, you know you want to.