By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet Vita is yet another big game! When will America take notice and buy a Vita?

Tagged games:

Is this the game you have been waiting for to finally make the decision to get a Vita?

Yes 44 25.43%

No 60 34.68%

Not really 29 16.76%

other ( post below) 8 4.62%

see reslutz 32 18.50%

Total:173
BasilZero said:

Not the game that will make me get a Vita.

Persona 4 stole that spot from it ;p

I still need to finish LBP2SE on PS3 before getting this ;(

Although if I were to buy a Vita now, the LBP Vita bundle will be the one since I dont want a white vita with AC3L >_>.

2nd'd

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

LBP has always been a series I wanted to like a lot more then I did. I have no idea why... just can never finish the games :(. Will give LBP2 another whirl some time as I got it free with +.

Hopefully this can help reignite the Vita... a bit. It's got a decent score of software leading up to the holiday, it'll hardly sell through the roof but the only way is up for the Vita from here lol.

just wanted to share, cause i found this on my hdd after searching a little
rank 45 of 500,000 players worldwide. that was a feeling!

Little Big Planet really is a motivating game when it comes to highscore cracking.

also, if you haven't seen yet, here is the IGN video review for LBP Vita which shows some really awesome gameplay scenes:

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

d21lewis said:
The problem I have with LBP is that the games just feel so lifeless (if that's the right word for it). Yeah, you can make and create until your heart is content and it's got graphics and music that are simply stunning. It's just missing a soul. Three games later and I don't think I'll be picking this one up. I wish the game luck but I don't think it's going to do very well.

I... I do not understand this.  Of course, it's your opinion, everyone sees everything differently and all that.

But seriously, the first game had so much heart in its campaign for me at least, and it created that purely with googly eyes on pre-crafted characters.  

Even just booting up LBP 1 and getting this intro:

Gave me goosebumps!  But each to their own :P

Degausser said:
LBP has always been a series I wanted to like a lot more then I did. I have no idea why... just can never finish the games :(. Will give LBP2 another whirl some time as I got it free with +.

Hopefully this can help reignite the Vita... a bit. It's got a decent score of software leading up to the holiday, it'll hardly sell through the roof but the only way is up for the Vita from here lol.

Just an idea, play with your nephew or younger brother together and you see how much the fun increases. The amount of anomaly and chaos run into the scene together is very enjoyable and that's the part I like about LBP.

Around the Network
Corey said:
thehusbo said:
Ye I own a vita. I played the beta a few months back and was really impressed. Reviews are looking great too. Can't wait to pick this up.

I predicted this would have 88 metacritic on the metacritic prediction thread :D expecting it to stay in the 86-89 range when all is said and done

Damn, I predicted 89, guess we'll see if any more reveiwers shift it's rating.

It's on 89 from 18 reviews now :) still plenty of time for change though.

Kresnik said:
d21lewis said:
The problem I have with LBP is that the games just feel so lifeless (if that's the right word for it). Yeah, you can make and create until your heart is content and it's got graphics and music that are simply stunning. It's just missing a soul. Three games later and I don't think I'll be picking this one up. I wish the game luck but I don't think it's going to do very well.

I... I do not understand this.  Of course, it's your opinion, everyone sees everything differently and all that.

But seriously, the first game had so much heart in its campaign for me at least, and it created that purely with googly eyes on pre-crafted characters.  

Even just booting up LBP 1 and getting this intro:

Gave me goosebumps!  But each to their own :P

I thought it was just me, I always got a tingling sensation when watching the LBP intro :)

LBP always gave me this ToyStory/ Rugrats vibe. Its just like when you were a kid and you grabbed a bunch of mitch match objects and pretended they were something else.

-Pile of clothes was a mountain

-Pillows were a fort

-A cardboard box is a tunnel

etc.

You just have to tap into that kid like imagination, and let it run free.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I already own a Vita and have zero interest in this game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The Vita is an awesome system.  But with the economy the way it is, not sure getting a high powered handheld is on the minds of people at this point, so the Vita suffers.  

If you want America to take notice, link getting a Vita to improving one's employment and job prospects.

I've been saying for awhile that price wasn't the biggest factor for the Vita low sales, that it was games, most people thought the the lowest level PSV would atleast be $300. the original PSP also started a $250 and that's what the lowest entry Vita cost as well, so technically we got a large step up from the PSP at the same core price.hopefully LBP PSV will give the Vita a good bump to back up my post *sweats*

anyway, got it pre-ordered, can't wait to pick it up!!!