By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet Vita is yet another big game! When will America take notice and buy a Vita?

Tagged games:

Is this the game you have been waiting for to finally make the decision to get a Vita?

Yes 44 25.43%

No 60 34.68%

Not really 29 16.76%

other ( post below) 8 4.62%

see reslutz 32 18.50%

Total:173

What can Sony do? They can release far more games like this and focus less on console ports and cross play.

This is the first high quality original Vita retail game since Gravity Rush back in June. And before that, the last big high quality exclusives were February launch titles.

Sony also needs to advertise games like this more. LittleBigPlanet Vita ought to be a system seller, just like Gravity Rush and Uncharted ought to have been. I can recall few if any ads that emphasized a single game title.

Around the Network
nuckles87 said:
What can Sony do? They can release far more games like this and focus less on console ports and cross play.

This is the first high quality original Vita retail game since Gravity Rush back in June. And before that, the last big high quality exclusives were February launch titles.

Sony also needs to advertise games like this more. LittleBigPlanet Vita ought to be a system seller, just like Gravity Rush and Uncharted ought to have been. I can recall few if any ads that emphasized a single game title.

I lol'd at the Uncharted part.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

ninetailschris said:
nuckles87 said:

I lol'd at the Uncharted part.

Whats wrong with is post? He said "ought".

I don't really know what Sony's marketing team is doing but they need to get it together. I feel so bad that such great games are being over looked I want to make a commercial for them and then just put it on Youtube. I think Sony needs to really regroup about this.

Here is an idea...

-The Kevin Butler ad campaign has probably been the only marketing success since the PS3's inception. The PSP tried to copy it but Marcuz....is kind of a little shit. I don't like him at all and many wouldn't with his acting career basically type casting him as a diliquent.

-What they should do? try remaking the PS3 success with Vita, but this time use a little girl. I invision some smart mouthed little girl with pigtails with a lot of sass but adorable persona. It is no secret that the casual audience.....mostly comprised of females. They need to target the individual games again for the commercials. Make her appear casual but act hardcore. I think that would be surefire gold. Yet what do I know...

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Someone please explain this to me. This is GameInformer's Synopsis...

Concept:
Even with different developers, LittleBigPlanet’s imaginative platforming shines in a game packed with variety and novel level design
Graphics:
Even the most discerning players will have difficulty distinguishing this from the PS3 games
Sound:
This series consistently has some of the most diverse music in the industry. How many games would license tracks by the jazz/rock cult heroes Tortoise?
Playability:
With each successive game in the series, the original’s floaty character movement gets turned down another notch
Entertainment:
Double Eleven and Tarsier prove they can match Media Molecule’s ingenuity and visual flair
Replay:
High

Final Score:8.75?

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

LBP Vita won't get me to purchase a Vita because I already own one. I purchased a Vita, Uncharted, Little Deviants(crap,) and Modnation Racers day one. Wipeout 2048 and Unit 13 later on. Also Mortal Kombat is the only third party game I own. I'm going to get Gravity Rush since it was a fun demo, but I'm waiting on another sale before I get it.

Most third party titles released on the Vita are kind of crap. The ones I'm interested in don't come out until later this year or next,, like Ragnarok Odyssey, Assassin's Creed Liberation, and Ys Celceta. But all the first party titles, with the exception of one, that I've played are all good games. Little Big Planet Vita isn't going to be an exception, because of how good it looks and going by LBP2, I'm sure it's going to be a great game.

Although we're talking about Vita, here, I think Chad Warden says it best. "Everybody knows is that PS3 make the best games." "What I'm really trying to say is that, Sony, Sony's the bomb."

Around the Network

I couldn't care less about a 4th LBP game.

forevercloud3000 said:
Someone please explain this to me. This is GameInformer's Synopsis...

Concept:
Even with different developers, LittleBigPlanet’s imaginative platforming shines in a game packed with variety and novel level design
Graphics:
Even the most discerning players will have difficulty distinguishing this from the PS3 games
Sound:
This series consistently has some of the most diverse music in the industry. How many games would license tracks by the jazz/rock cult heroes Tortoise?
Playability:
With each successive game in the series, the original’s floaty character movement gets turned down another notch
Entertainment:
Double Eleven and Tarsier prove they can match Media Molecule’s ingenuity and visual flair
Replay:
High

Final Score:8.75?

They liked it a lot?

Chandler said:
Pimp3k said:
Chandler said:
Already preordered for 20€ :P

From where if I may ask???? For 20€, I'll preorder one too :)

It was a limited offer at a german store. I always look for games at stores who have no idea about games. They price most trash games at ridiculous prices and then they have real gems for a smile and a handshake. It's awesome.

Ah, another german here who surfs on chillmo.com and saw the discount on buch.de?

I wonder if they ship. I also bought the game there and cancelled my preorder on amazon which was like 40€.

Absolutely looking forward to this. I'm still standing on rank ~250 in the highscores in one of the first levels in LBP2, so proud back then when i was rank 20...

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Gehirnkrampf said:
Chandler said:
Pimp3k said:
Chandler said:
Already preordered for 20€ :P

From where if I may ask???? For 20€, I'll preorder one too :)

It was a limited offer at a german store. I always look for games at stores who have no idea about games. They price most trash games at ridiculous prices and then they have real gems for a smile and a handshake. It's awesome.

Ah, another german here who surfs on chillmo.com and saw the discount on buch.de?

I wonder if they ship. I also bought the game there and cancelled my preorder on amazon which was like 40€.

Absolutely looking forward to this. I'm still standing on rank ~250 in the highscores in one of the first levels in LBP2, so proud back then when i was rank 20...

Buch.de is correct, but I got it from hukd.mydealz.com ^^ I actually think they have to ship now. Sure it was a pricing mistake and they state in their AGB that the contract is only in full effect when they actually ship, but I think they are obliged to correct mistakes like that immediatly and not keep my money for a month (paypal transferred the money immediatly) and then cancel the order. Taking the money and keeping it for an extended amount of time is pretty much contract agreement by coherent behavior or however you call this in english...

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

thehusbo said:
Ye I own a vita. I played the beta a few months back and was really impressed. Reviews are looking great too. Can't wait to pick this up.

I predicted this would have 88 metacritic on the metacritic prediction thread :D expecting it to stay in the 86-89 range when all is said and done

Damn, I predicted 89, guess we'll see if any more reveiwers shift it's rating.