By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you passing up on Wii U FPS titles due to lack of IR pointer... BLOPS 2 IR!!!!

curl-6 said:

I can play with dual analogue when the game is really awesome otherwise, like with Bioshock. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't craving pointer controls all the way through that game, superb as it was.

Oh, you took the words right out of my mouth.  Obviously I'd settle for dual analogue for a game that amazing, but the chance to play Infinite with exquisite pointer controls?  No choice at all for me. 

Around the Network

is pointer control too difficult for you guys because, you know....you actually have to aim and you are bad at it?

thekitchensink said:
I really don't see why they won't be able to include options for both controllers. Even if they want you to use the touchscreen for certain things, you could still use the WiiMote for controlling the main action. It would be cumbersome, granted, but it could be an option.

Pikmin 3 supports dual control with wiimote and nunchuk for Olimar and the Gamepad standing aside for map viewing.

Aliens Colonial Marines could use the same method.

For me the IR pointer only worked well for MP3, because of the overall design setup and the fact that it's an adventure game and not a twitch shooter w/ highly competitive multiplayer. For those types of shooters, a dual analog setup works just fine for me, preferably the 360 controller (never was a fan of the Dual Shock setup).

Personally the main reason why I'd pass up on any Wii U FPS games is the fact that we have no idea how the Nintendo Network is going to be when it comes to competitive online games like COD. Hell, we don't even know if the Wii U is even getting COD in the first place, which would be a huge blow if one of the biggest 3rd party franchises (like it or not) is on every system except the Wii U this holiday season.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

mmm, I would love wiimote and nunchuck combo support for every FPS, my personal best control option.

That said I always think of a FPS Left 4 Dead style, were 4 players use their Wiimotes + nunchucks to fight the hordes of enemies sent by the gamepad overlord, instead of a not so cunning AI called the "director".

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
is pointer control too difficult for you guys because, you know....you actually have to aim and you are bad at it?

I think it's because they don't rest their arm so that their wrist movement is steadied.  If you just hold your arm straight out, then yeah, your accuracy will be thrown off by your arm wobbling.  But just like people trained in firearms who steady a gun with their other hand, if you simply rest your arm on an armrest, pillow, etc, and steady your wrist movement, not only is the accuracy of aiming improved over dual analogue, but the experience you get with movement around the environment is unbelievably liberating and very satisfying.  It improves the experience ten-fold for me personally.  Nothin' like it. 

archbrix said:
DieAppleDie said:

I think it's because they don't rest their arm so that their wrist movement is steadied.  If you just hold your arm straight out, then yeah, your accuracy will be thrown off by your arm wobbling.  But just like people trained in firearms who steady a gun with their other hand, if you simply rest your arm on an armrest, pillow, etc, and steady your wrist movement, not only is the accuracy of aiming improved over dual analogue, but the experience you get with movement around the environment is unbelievably liberating and very satisfying.  It improves the experience ten-fold for me personally.  Nothin' like it. 

It never ceases to amaze me that people actually play WIi FPS games with their up held up like in the stupid commercials. Doing it wrong.

flagstaad said:
mmm, I would love wiimote and nunchuck combo support for every FPS, my personal best control option.

That said I always think of a FPS Left 4 Dead style, were 4 players use their Wiimotes + nunchucks to fight the hordes of enemies sent by the gamepad overlord, instead of a not so cunning AI called the "director".

That's exactly what the multiplayer in Zombi U is, albeit with just one player on each side.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

actually playing like you said is very comfortable and not tiring at all, people usually complain about Wii games requiring too much physical effort, and its not true, i mostly play comfortably sitting on my sofa with my arm resting on my leg

DieAppleDie said:
actually playing like you said is very comfortable and not tiring at all, people usually complain about Wii games requiring too much physical effort, and its not true, i mostly play comfortably sitting on my sofa with my arm resting on my leg

That's how I play too, very comfortable and steadies my aim while still allowing freedom of movement.