By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do X360 exclusives sell more than PS3 exclusives?

3 reasons come to mind.
1. Xbox 360 came out a year before PS3, thus an infinite year head start on software in many aspects.
2. North Americans (360 land) on average buy more games then Europeans (Sony land).
3. Sony focuses on new IPs more then MS.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
3 reasons come to mind.
1. Xbox 360 came out a year before PS3, thus an infinite year head start on software in many aspects.
2. North Americans (360 land) on average buy more games then Europeans (Sony land).
3. Sony focuses on new IPs more then MS.

This.

There is also the fact that most of those PS3 exclusives don't sell really well in Japan (not that the 360 games do but those sells could help).

Nintendo and PC gamer

First of all a few of those aren't exclusives on the xbox side, the are also on PC which is in fact relevant.

And kinectimals, can you really count that? It was a bundled title with every Kinect. It would be like counting wiisports.

I think after factoring in the above the numbers it would be a bit more even.

not really surprising as anyone on this site can see the numbers. looking at the tie ratio it seems 360 owners just buy more games than ps3-users do. the current ratio of 360 is only beaten by ps2 and.... the first xbox, what surprised me. now looking at these facts 3rd-party-support on nextbox should be no problem. if you want to sell your games, release them on xbox.

Hmm, I've played all 10 ps3 games, but only 2 on the 360 side. A lot to do with franchise fatigue.
Did Mass Effect 1 sell less then Fable 3? Shame!

Around the Network

My only problem with this list...

- Kinect Adventures can't be counted due obvious reasons.

I can accept...

- Gran Turismo 5: Prologue sold way more than that but I guess VGC don't track digital sales (FINE).
- Two game are not exclusives but it's fine just to compare PS360 (FINE).

Other fact...

- Some PS3 game are selling high number per week yet.

My only problem with this list...

- Kinect Adventures can't be counted due obvious reasons.

I can accept...

- Gran Turismo 5: Prologue sold way more than that but I guess VGC don't track digital sales (FINE).
- Two game are not exclusives but it's fine just to compare PS360 (FINE).

Other fact...

- Some PS3 game are selling high number per week yet.

I want to see a TOP30 list instead a TOP10... PS3 is closing the million sellers list.

If it's your only problem, why did you post it twice? Gotcha.

I could name all the kinect shovelware and that would make the number of PS3 exclusives look small in number compared to xbox. But then im sure someone will bitch calling kinect games not real games.

I'm super impress how well Halo sells.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!