By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do X360 exclusives sell more than PS3 exclusives?

pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Not more AAA exclusives, which recieve the most marketing and what's relevant to my post. Will edit.

Though I'm not sure about exclusives in general... how'd you find that out?

Wikipedia

Uhm, the 360 list has 20 unreleased games. PS3 list has 5. What's the count if you factor that in (I'm assuming you counted since I don't see a number there)

And loads of "exclusives" (pigs definition). Kind of a dodgy list, both of them.

Around the Network
pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
man-bear-pig said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
d21lewis said:
So Sony "having more exclusives" being the cause it pure bullshit.  

I wouldn't call it bullshit. Sony having more exclusives means their marketing budget is shared between more games, which either means their games get less money as a whole or some games get a lot less so another can get a lot more. Now consider how much both companies can afford to spend. 

X360 has more exclusives than the PS3

Not more AAA exclusives, which recieve the most marketing and what's relevant to my post. Will edit.

Wikipedia

Uhm, the 360 list has 20 unreleased games. PS3 list has 5. What's the count if you factor that in (I'm assuming you counted since I don't see a number there)

X360 still has more

Microsoft has the better marketing and more attractive titles for casuals. That and they have the shooter crowd under serious lockdown. They also have the core gamers who defected from the PS2 early to the 360 since Sonys price was too high in the beginning. I have a feeling that if Sony plays their cards right they can pull off getting a lot of those gamers back.

Andrespetmonkey said:
pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Wikipedia

And loads of "exclusives".

What does that even mean?

man-bear-pig said:
Wikipedia

This wiki is way outdated but I'm sure the 360 have more exclusives too due the Live exclusives.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

It means, as I said, the definition you use. I was differentiating between the one you use and the one me and pezus use.

Andrespetmonkey said:
man-bear-pig said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

It means, as I said, the definition you use. I was differentiating between the one you use and the one me and pezus use.

No it doesn't...none of the games in the wiki list are available for the PC aswell

As far as Microsoft's marketing goes, it's pretty impressive. Halo and Gears aren't really games that evoke deep emotion from me. They're like Hollywood blockbusters, really. But the marketing for these games--wow. To this very day, I STILL have the trailers for Halo 3 and all three Gears games saved to my HDD and I watch them all of the time. They just seem so deep, so somber, and so depressing.

man-bear-pig said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
man-bear-pig said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

No it doesn't...none of the games in the wiki list are available for the PC aswell

There are plenty on other platforms, including PC. Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Risen, Toy soldiers, Class3/Class4 etc.

man-bear-pig said:

Wikipedia

That list has tons of digital Games and third-party exclusives. Those games have little-to-no effect on Sony and Microsoft's marketing budgets (which was Andre's original point).