By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - cats >>>>> dogs ( now with a poll )

Tagged games:

Cats or Dogs ?

Cats !!! 105 46.88%

Dogs !!! 90 40.18%

cats and dogs suck , turk... 3 1.34%

I hate animals , burn them all !!!!! 6 2.68%

see results ... 13 5.80%

Total:217
pokoko said:
Actually, though my family has had lots of dogs and cats, none of them were inside pets. That will never happen in my house, and I will never live with someone who wants indoor pets. I have mild dander allergies, and I hate the mess besides.

And, note, I did exclude needy cats. I don't like them, either. My niece has one that won't let you walk two steps, can't stand the thing.

Older dogs can also be pretty cool. We had a black lab that was very mature and serene, and since he always visited the stream in the woods behind my house, he seldom smelled bad. He's on my list of "animals I've associated with that I respect" with four cats.

So, basically, I hate high-strung dogs, which is pretty much most of them when they're young.

I actually like outside cats a lot.  Should be noted, lol.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
curl-6 said:

Nope. Cats are emotionless parasites. They aren't social animals by nature, so they don't really form social bonds with people; as far as they are concerned you're just a mobile part of their environment that feeds them.

Dogs, as pack animals, do form social bonds.

Your dog likes you. Your cat just likes your house.

Have you actually looked into this or ever owned a cat? Because you are very wrong.

Read it in New Scientist, which is a far more reliable source than owning one.

Nope.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

curl-6 said:
NintendoPie said:
curl-6 said:

Nope. Cats are emotionless parasites. They aren't social animals by nature, so they don't really form social bonds with people; as far as they are concerned you're just a mobile part of their environment that feeds them.

Have you actually looked into this or ever owned a cat? Because you are very wrong.

Obviously not.

NintendoPie said:
curl-6 said:
NintendoPie said:
curl-6 said:

Obviously not.

Owning one makes you biased; your views become coloured by your emotional attachment to your pet.

Around the Network

We had huskies. Had to get rid of them because they killed stuff in the neighborhood. Mostly chickens, I believe.

Can't we all just get along?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

curl-6 said:

Owning one makes you biased; your views become coloured by your emotional attachment to your pet.

You said that Cats are unemotional though... so how does that work if I have a attachment to her (and she has one to me)?

You're just plain wrong.

WTF No Poll?!?!

Anyway, I have to agree. It is true that Dogs treat you more like a master and cats treat you more like an equal. That's actually more of a reason to like cats over dogs. I don't want someone walking around feeling like a servant. They would be serving me because they think I'm inherently better than them. I want someone that sees me as an equal and likes me because he likes my personality; Not because he feels it's his duty to serve me. Cats actually analyze people to decide if they love him, while Dogs just love whomever gives them food. Dogs are shallow creatures.

NintendoPie said:
curl-6 said:

You said that Cats are unemotional though... so how does that work if I have a attachment to her (and she has one to me)?

You're just plain wrong.

You have one to her, she doesn't have one to you... is what he is saying.

idk, one of my cats loves my brother but couldn't give a shit about me or my mum. She'll only pur and do that rubbing thing cats do to him, and it's not because she's getting fed or anything. She'll only let him pick her up too.