By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - cats >>>>> dogs ( now with a poll )

Tagged games:

Cats or Dogs ?

Cats !!! 105 46.88%

Dogs !!! 90 40.18%

cats and dogs suck , turk... 3 1.34%

I hate animals , burn them all !!!!! 6 2.68%

see results ... 13 5.80%

Total:217
Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:
curl-6 said:

Owning one makes you biased; your views become coloured by your emotional attachment to your pet.

You said that Cats are unemotional though... so how does that work if I have a attachment to her (and she has one to me)?

You're just plain wrong.

You have one to her, she doesn't have one to you... is what he is saying.

idk, one of my cats loves my brother but couldn't give a shit about me or my mum. She'll only pur and do that rubbing thing cats do to him, and it's not because she's getting fed or anything. She'll only let him pick her up too. 

Exactly what I was talking about.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I'm not really a fan of dogs. I don't have any real need to feel needed, so dogs are usually just a pain in the ass to me. They're like children, always needing care or wanting attention.

On the other hand, the best pet I ever had was a tom cat. He was completely independent and chill, more like someone to hang out with now and then than a pet, to be honest. We liked one another, one might go over and say hello to the other, but we never pestered or annoyed one another. He'd make his rounds of the neighborhood and sometimes be gone for a day or two, come back with some scrapes and bits of fur missing, but that was cool.

People tell me that dogs are for guys and cats are for girls, but I don't think those people have ever owned a real tom cat. I don't want something that slobbers all over itself for attention, I want a pet that's independent and self-sufficient. In my mind, that cat was more a guy's pet than anything you have to bathe on a regular basis because they can't do it for themselves.

I'd say this post does a good job at summarizing my views. 

NintendoPie said:
curl-6 said:

Owning one makes you biased; your views become coloured by your emotional attachment to your pet.

You said that Cats are unemotional though... so how does that work if I have a attachment to her (and she has one to me)?

You're just plain wrong.

Because she doesn't return your emotions. You just think she does. ;)

curl-6 said:

I'm going to go with that you've never owned a cat and you're just totally biased to dogs, the worst bias of all. ;)

NintendoPie said:
curl-6 said:

I'm going to go with that you've never owned a cat and you're just totally biased to dogs, the worst bias of all. ;)

I've never owned a cat or a dog. ;)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
NintendoPie said:
curl-6 said:

Well then why are you trying to defend a dog and bash a cat? ;)

Dogs are man's best friend. Kittens are a little girl's best friend, until they turn 1 year old and the cat becomes a boring cat.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

NintendoPie said:
curl-6 said:
NintendoPie said:
curl-6 said:

Well then why are you trying to defend a dog and bash a cat? ;)

I didn't, I just posted what I read in a Science journal.

curl-6 said:

I didn't, I just posted what I read in a Science journal.

Well the science journal is wrong, and you didn't use the winky face! ;)

Had both and love both.

Parrots are the best though.