By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why american prefer 360 to PS3?

I was actually leaning toward getting a PS3 due to BC way back in 2005. However, when the 360 launched, and the PS3 was delayed, I sat on the fence. I wasn't thinking about buying a 360 at launch - I just waited until I saw games I wanted. I finally started seeing them in the wild in March, and I was crazy about COD2. I had a couple games and decided in April to buy it.

When the PS3 was getting closer to launch, and I heard about the pricing ($499 and $599), I was immediately turned off. However, I did plan to buy one at launch and resell it. I thought about it and voted against it. Within two weeks after launch, I saw them in Wal-Marts. A friend of mine passed up an offer of $1,500 for his 60gb PS3 because he wanted more loot. Just weeks later, he was kicking himself for not selling it. A month after launch, he sold it for what he paid for it. He got pwn3d.

Sony's main problem in the U.S. is price. Some folks don't care and will pay $400 plus on a system, but most folks won't. They are perfectly content with playing old skool consoles. It makes them happy - and most folks aren't very interested in getting HD because it's way too expensive.

Most Americans will pick up a PS3 when it hits $200, may $300, but more than that ... I dunno.

Around the Network

I think thats another part of their plan though Madskillz, as long as they still have something in America that sells massive ammounts of hardware and software (PS2), they can have something to cussion the blow their taking on the PS3, when they can get the components down to a good cost for the PS3 they'll probably make a much bigger push on the American economy. But I'm no business major :P it only seems to make sense to me lol.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

It's actually pretty logic if your a hardcore gamer you should choose the xbox360 because it has a lot more good games and is less expensive then the PS3. In almost every genres the 360 has a better game then the PS3. I questioning more EU choosing the PS3 over the 360 anyway.

Smidlee said:
ssj12 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
CrazzyMan said:
They support RRODing console for the sake of the gaming, lol.
They pay for a great service, while it`s has problems already for several weeks for the sake of gaming.
They are patriots.

*cough*Disc Read Error *Cough* Excuse me what I meant to say is Sony for the past 2 generations has had its share of problems like not being able to read discs for example, while Sony did nothing to really address this problem, at least Microsoft did, fixed it for free, and extended the warranty 3 years. Xbox Live has its issues like any other internet service it happens, but it gets fixed ASAP, and it's not constraining to your online experience like PSN. One thing you got right is we love where we live.

the DRE was never as major of an issue as the RROD...

That's true since My ps2 still has the DRE problem from time to time. I usually use a disc cleaner (just a brush on a disc) reach helps to read those annoying disc.

The DRE I was talking about is where every game comes up as DRE no matter how much you clean the PS1 or PS2 the DRE won't go away, but Sony only fixed the bug with the systems they brought out later, they never fixed the old systems that had it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Supa_Gama said:
It's actually pretty logic if your a hardcore gamer you should choose the xbox360 because it has a lot more good games and is less expensive then the PS3. In almost every genres the 360 has a better game then the PS3. I questioning more EU choosing the PS3 over the 360 anyway.

Well you still pay to play online (60 dollars a year) which sucks ass for me because I don't play online very often.

You don't get any real exclusive features that you could over the PS3

No pre-packaged High Def disk player (ala blu-ray)

No bells and whistles that the PS3 offers like Standard Wi-fi, hard drive, HDMI 1.3, blue tooth headset compatibility, remote play, internet browser, etc etc.

The choice of games is purely opinionated, but the 360 currently has the "higher rated" library, if that's what you go by. The 360's lineup doesn't currently interest me so thats kind of a negligible point.

So if you were going by a "games only" standpoint, sure you "could" say the 360 is more diverse, but if your looking for ANYTHING else, not so much. Considering the only model that really compares to the PS3 is the Elite, and even that doesn't have half the features of a PS3, yet has a higher price tag. 

And not to beat a dead horse, but the PS3 is still much more reliable than the 360 :/ 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:
1. Halo
2. Multiplayer First Person Shooters
3. Price Difference
4. Americans have disliked Sony since Columbia Pictures buy-out.
5. and Halo

Haha, is that a joke?  The majority of Americans wouldn't even know that Sony owns Columbia Pictures! lol

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

WEWdeadeye said:
FinalEvangelion said:
1. Halo
2. Multiplayer First Person Shooters
3. Price Difference
4. Americans have disliked Sony since Columbia Pictures buy-out.
5. and Halo

Haha, is that a joke? The majority of Americans wouldn't even know that Sony owns Columbia Pictures! lol

You forgot the best part:

Sony bought Columbia Pictures in 1989. Also known as 7 years before the first Playstation launched.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Haha rocket, so true...that makes it even funnier!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

ChronotriggerJM said:

Well you still pay to play online (60 dollars a year) which sucks ass for me because I don't play online very often.

You don't get any real exclusive features that you could over the PS3

No pre-packaged High Def disk player (ala blu-ray)

No bells and whistles that the PS3 offers like Standard Wi-fi, hard drive, HDMI 1.3, blue tooth headset compatibility, remote play, internet browser, etc etc.

The choice of games is purely opinionated, but the 360 currently has the "higher rated" library, if that's what you go by. The 360's lineup doesn't currently interest me so thats kind of a negligible point.

So if you were going by a "games only" standpoint, sure you "could" say the 360 is more diverse, but if your looking for ANYTHING else, not so much. Considering the only model that really compares to the PS3 is the Elite, and even that doesn't have half the features of a PS3, yet has a higher price tag.

And not to beat a dead horse, but the PS3 is still much more reliable than the 360 :/

Well for me the most important it's the games because most peoples eventually buy console to play games. For that I think not only the 360 has more game but they're also better. Looking by genre I would say that ps3 has better action games then 360 if we consider FPS as another genre but other then that 360 has better fighting games, rpg & jrpg , racing is pretty close but still 360 has more choices. But the 2 most important genres in US FPS and Sports games are really dominated by the 360.

@Rocket & WEW

Yes, I know Sony bought them out in the 1980s. For people back then, it raised alot of fear about Japanese companies taking over America. And yes, the PS1 and PS2 did become the dominant console in America, but not with some resistance by the press, people, and media.

It does have alot to do with the history of why Americans are generally more forgiving toward MS and less forgiving toward Sony. In Europe / Japan, it's the opposite situation.

Outside the US, Sony products (laptops, etc.) are more popular.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.