By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why american prefer 360 to PS3?

halil23 said:
EHSTEVE said:
ManusJustusNardus said:

Sony and Microsoft are both corporations and we all know how trusting such entities can be. But, come on, I thought that Sony advertising Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4 as Playstation only games was pretty low.

I've seen WAAAY more multi-platform games showing only the 360 logo in advertisements, so don't call Sony low for doing it in 2 games

Amen. Now ManusJustusNardus make a new thread about why YOU'RE SO LOW!!! I would love to do it for you but I relise why bother do it for a loser! So please make my day :) To all non trollers have a nice day :P

Hali, that has to be one of the most stupid posts that I have seen on here in the months that I have frequented this site.  Myself and others are having a civilized discussion, then immature you comes in here.  Do you see any of us calling each other names or using negative words?  No, but you come in here and troll it up, and then have the audacity to claim that I am a troll.

@ EHSTEVE

I'm not claiming that you are wrong, but I have never seen a video game commercial that was multiplatform but only advertised for XBox 360.  I do recall Playstation 3 advertising Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4 (two of the biggest multiplatform games of last year) as Playstation 3 exclusives.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Around the Network
madskillz said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
Supa_Gama said:
It's actually pretty logic if your a hardcore gamer you should choose the xbox360 because it has a lot more good games and is less expensive then the PS3. In almost every genres the 360 has a better game then the PS3. I questioning more EU choosing the PS3 over the 360 anyway.

Well you still pay to play online (60 dollars a year) which sucks ass for me because I don't play online very often.

You don't get any real exclusive features that you could over the PS3

No pre-packaged High Def disk player (ala blu-ray)

No bells and whistles that the PS3 offers like Standard Wi-fi, hard drive, HDMI 1.3, blue tooth headset compatibility, remote play, internet browser, etc etc.

The choice of games is purely opinionated, but the 360 currently has the "higher rated" library, if that's what you go by. The 360's lineup doesn't currently interest me so thats kind of a negligible point.

So if you were going by a "games only" standpoint, sure you "could" say the 360 is more diverse, but if your looking for ANYTHING else, not so much. Considering the only model that really compares to the PS3 is the Elite, and even that doesn't have half the features of a PS3, yet has a higher price tag.

And not to beat a dead horse, but the PS3 is still much more reliable than the 360 :/

Since when do I need the highlighted stuff for gaming? I can spend $199 for a used 360 off eBay and a few bucks for a game - and guess what? I am in the next-gen of HD gaming. The cheapiest way for a PS3 fan? $421 without a game. And a game will run you at least $40. So, you are looking at $450 at least just to play a PS3 game, and God help you if you want to get software BC - it's a much better deal to just get an 80gb with Motorstorm in the end ...

Perhaps that's it? 

Americans as a whole might just perfer simplicity in design.  Maybe europe likes multifunctional gadgets more.

I know i don't want one multifunctional item to take care of all my entertainment needs.  I mean if it breaks I'm screwed. 

I think it's more got to do with the Sony brandname though as Sony really pushed console gaming in europe more then Nintendo did.  Playstation was basically Europes Nintendo. (from what i hear anyway.)

ManusJustusNardus said:
halil23 said:
EHSTEVE said:
ManusJustusNardus said:

Sony and Microsoft are both corporations and we all know how trusting such entities can be. But, come on, I thought that Sony advertising Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4 as Playstation only games was pretty low.

I've seen WAAAY more multi-platform games showing only the 360 logo in advertisements, so don't call Sony low for doing it in 2 games

Amen. Now ManusJustusNardus make a new thread about why YOU'RE SO LOW!!! I would love to do it for you but I relise why bother do it for a loser! So please make my day :) To all non trollers have a nice day :P

Hali, that has to be one of the most stupid posts that I have seen on here in the months that I have frequented this site.  Myself and others are having a civilized discussion, then immature you comes in here.  Do you see any of us calling each other names or using negative words?  No, but you come in here and troll it up, and then have the audacity to claim that I am a troll.

@ EHSTEVE

I'm not claiming that you are wrong, but I have never seen a video game commercial that was multiplatform but only advertised for XBox 360.  I do recall Playstation 3 advertising Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4 (two of the biggest multiplatform games of last year) as Playstation 3 exclusives.

You're very nearly right!  Sony actually made deals to show ads for COD and AC than only had PS3 mentioned.  They didn't actually claim it was exclusive but they allowed the omission of mention of other platforms to imply it was exclusive.  Not wanting to pick hairs but just to back you up that so far as I know only Sony backed ads for cross-platform games than did not have all logos on the screen.  The ad showed the game then in black only PS3 logo came up (at least in Europe) - but no actual text or dialogue saying exclusive.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Americans - They look at the Xbox and see a gaming console

Europeans - They look at the Xbox and see a Microsoft product

Japanese - I have no idea how Japanese people see the product...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

cause it reminds them of their cars: big, loud, ugly and shit quality

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:

It's pretty sad that you can even say something like that, about a country of people who don't even know you. That comment is full of anger and resentment and all over a stupid videogame machine. Heck if it weren't for the NA videogame market non of these next-gen systems would even exist. Some of the comments I hear from fanboys just makes me like my 360 even more.

The Playstation 3 has many, good games, but because the Xbox 360 was released one year, before the Playstation 3, it has more masterpieces, and more games that appeal, more to America, than Japan. Japan is the home of the Playstation 3, and there are more games that appeal to Japan, on the Playstation 3. What games? I don't think shooting games appeal very much to Japan, but I know that RPGs do, and the Xbox 360 is mainly a console of shooters, and not too much of an RPG one. I'm not too sure about Europe, though.

^well they appealt to americans mostly because of shooters,and japan isnt the home of ps3 its the home of wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Passenger57 said:
Faxanadu said:

It's pretty sad that you can even say something like that, about a country of people who don't even know you. That comment is full of anger and resentment and all over a stupid videogame machine. Heck if it weren't for the NA videogame market non of these next-gen systems would even exist. Some of the comments I hear from fanboys just makes me like my 360 even more.

Try taking things said on the internets with a bit more of ease. I was just trying to make a joke using the stereotypes of both 360 and american cars.

And i have to say, it worked quite well.

oh, and please dont assume things over people you dont know. i for one know american ulture quite well, as i have lived there and been to many states, including California. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

^i dont think 360 is ugly though

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"