By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why american prefer 360 to PS3?

ManusJustusNardus said:
halil23 said:
EHSTEVE said:
ManusJustusNardus said:

Sony and Microsoft are both corporations and we all know how trusting such entities can be. But, come on, I thought that Sony advertising Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4 as Playstation only games was pretty low.

I've seen WAAAY more multi-platform games showing only the 360 logo in advertisements, so don't call Sony low for doing it in 2 games

Amen. Now ManusJustusNardus make a new thread about why YOU'RE SO LOW!!! I would love to do it for you but I relise why bother do it for a loser! So please make my day :) To all non trollers have a nice day :P

Hali, that has to be one of the most stupid posts that I have seen on here in the months that I have frequented this site.  Myself and others are having a civilized discussion, then immature you comes in here.  Do you see any of us calling each other names or using negative words?  No, but you come in here and troll it up, and then have the audacity to claim that I am a troll.

@ EHSTEVE

I'm not claiming that you are wrong, but I have never seen a video game commercial that was multiplatform but only advertised for XBox 360.  I do recall Playstation 3 advertising Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4 (two of the biggest multiplatform games of last year) as Playstation 3 exclusives. 

Are you kidding me?  You never saw the TONS of Madden '07 commercials around it's launch that only featured the Xbox logo at the end along with "Jump in?"????

There's nothing "low" about this, by the way, it's just the way the advertising works.  If a company sponsors the ad, why WOULD they put the other consoles logos on the ads?  So they only put their own.  The only reason you'll see a game ad with multiple console logos on it from competing companies is if the game manufacturer itself is putting the ad out.  That's standard procedure and you can easily do some looking around on the web and other media to back that up. 

Around the Network

There’s quite a few reasons why I think the 360 does better than the PS3 in America:

- A lot of people in this thread have talked about brand loyalty to Microsoft. I disagree. Instead I think it’s a lack of brand loyalty that helps Microsoft. I generally think Americans have less of a problem of buying products from whatever manufacturer for a variety of reasons. Most 360 owners I know could care less that it’s made by Microsoft as opposed to Sony, just so long as it has games they like.
- It’s cheaper than the PS3. I’ve heard the price is actually closer in other markets but since I live in the U.S. I’ve not heard much about this. But when comparing the two systems in America the 360 is cheaper, so that obviously has something to do with it.
- More games that tailor to Anglo-American tastes. It’s no secret that there is a much higher percentage of games made by western developers (mainly U.S., U.K. and Canada based) on the 360 than on the other systems. So a lot of these games are going to be more in-tune with those audiences as compared with other markets.

Hmmm it sounds to me like a majority of american 360 owners will rather accept that the 360 isn't doing stellar in Europe because its a Microsoft product (ergo an american product), just to justify its lower perfomance in that region. Which leads to making them belittle Europe as not being " just as big a market than the US" for the gaming industry. Same applies to Japan I'd say.

Come-the-fuck-on.

Its laughable that they believe its some kind of american hatred thats involved in this.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

halil23 said:
madskillz said:
brute said:
madskillz said:
@ Chrono

I have been on LIVE since 2003 and have never - EVER paid over $30 per year to play online. Only a clueless soul would pay the full $60 per year. I even got a free year from MS this Christmas.

how did you do that,i wanna save 30$ dollars a year and get a free year too

As I stated earlier, I get my cards off eBay. You need to start looking a few months before you need to card. If you see a buy it now of $35, PM the person and offer them $30. Usually, they'll bite.

As far as the free year of Live ... I am a journalist and review games. For Christmas, MS shipped me a free year of LIVE for doing a timely, accurate review of their games.

A HA!!! Now I know why you hate Sony and love Microsoft. So you get free stuff from Microsoft huh? (who would of thunk it, due to you praising micro) "accurate review of their games" more like "high reviews of their games" or else Micro wouldn't give you free year live card, so stop lying. I wonder if you give Sony games bad reviews, highly likely though due to your flaming and trolling on Sony threads. Hope you don't reviews Sony games (or wii games) you bias journalist! If you do, then you're fool! And really sad & lifeless...

Oh, you are a trip.

First, you think you're Dr. Phil and can tell me why I hate Sony and love MS. ROTFL ... Get a clue ...

Second, you question my reviews, and it's obvious you've never visited my site, or read my reviews. Get a life ...

Lastly, you say I flame and troll, yet your posts reveal jealousy and tons of inaccuracies. Thanks for giving the class a view into the inner workings of a moron. Cry me a river, you Sony fanboy.

Have a nice day ... 

Beacuse in this country people say is all about rated M games and graphics. To many people are like that in this country

Around the Network

At some point in time the PS3 may begin to match 360 sales in the US on a regular basis - in 2007 the 360 really had the upper hand in sales most months. But 2008 is looking to be more even - never mind the rest of the world i see the the PS3 is getting some stronger footing in the US which does still represent the largest single demographic game console market. Interesting watching the graphs who know what makes people buy games consoles !

PS3 number 1 fan

Because the 360 has had better AAA games like gears of war that Americans really enjoy. Basically we get alot more games then others or Japan who usually get less or are delayed.

The main reason is it is better. And lets not also forget that Other is probably the worsed tracked region on VGChartz. It maybe that Euro like the 360 most but this is not shown in the stats. For US we have other soures of information but for EU we don't...

Also I also have a PS3 and alot of things you take for granted on the 360 are just not there on the PS3 ( I mean with Live). The US really do like online play as so do we in the UK. I have work mates in Germany and France and they all have 360's, there are a few with PS3 but mainly 360 so i am not to sure that the stats are true for EU.

Ya the reason why I bought a 360 over a PS3 is because of the western rpg games. I've been a big PC gamer since I was a kid. So the purchase made since. In my opinion the PS3 doesn't offer any more performance or futures I can't get on my Xbox besides Blu-Ray for the cost. But I'm not worried about having Blu-Ray at the moment. I also enjoy the Live future, I use it quite often.

Faxanadu said:
cause it reminds them of their cars: big, loud, ugly and shit quality

Its funny, cuz when I saw your profile, I saw that you're from Germany so I immediately figured it out, all your anger and envy towards us comes from making you and your people our b**ches during World War 2

What are you looking at, nerd?