By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Prediction: Halo 4 will sell 12 million lifetime. Update: I now predict it at 10 million

Tagged games:

Will it?

7-8 million 25 12.56%

8-9 million 17 8.54%

9-10 million 24 12.06%

10-11 million 36 18.09%

11-12 million 15 7.54%

12+ million 82 41.21%

Total:199

Halo is awesome, need i say more?

Around the Network

I hope you're right! I would guess 9-10 million though

No chance.

1.) Halo as a series is on a slight decline, and gets fierce competition from COD.

2.) All software sales are down this late in the gen (TheSource could probably show those charts which say SW is down 20% on a yearly basis and that has to reflect on big titles as well).

3.) And there's not much time for having as long legs as say Halo 3 since Xbox 3 is only one year away and after that the interest in the X360 will rapidly decline.

So a realistic expectation is 9 million lifetime for Halo 4.

Slimebeast said:

No chance.

1.) Halo as a series is on a slight decline, and gets fierce competition from COD.

2.) All software sales are down this late in the gen (TheSource could probably show those charts which say SW is down 20% on a yearly basis and that has to reflect on big titles as well).

3.) And there's not much time for having as long legs as say Halo 3 since Xbox 3 is only one year away and after that the interest in the X360 will rapidly decline.

Come on nudge it a little higher 10 million?

kowenicki said:
Oh and I'd like to add...

This will be the best FPS this gen. No question, no debate.

That's right, I won't even debate it with anyone. The scale and production values of this are on a whole new level.

I agree.

Around the Network

I think 6 million tops since the "halo killer" actually did come out.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Anyone considered the possibility it might get a release on the Xbox's successor or be compatible, so the new trilogy in it's entirity would be on the next console. If so that could also have ahuge effect on any potential sales. Meanwhile I'll be realistic and say 8-9 million subject to the above happening.

Anyone considered the possibility it might get a release on the Xbox's successor or be compatible, so the new trilogy in it's entirity would be on the next console. If so that could also have ahuge effect on any potential sales. Meanwhile I'll be realistic and say 8-9 million subject to the above happening.

NobleTeam360 said:
Slimebeast said:

No chance.

Come on nudge it a little higher 10 million?

Okay, just for you. With great reviews +10 million is certainly possible.

More than Reach, less than Halo 3 IMO.

Brand Halo has obviously remained relevant since Halo 3 with multiple releases of peripheral titles. But there's not a lot to suggest the franchise has grown substantially from Halo 3.

Still, 10+ million is brilliant. I do wish it would beat CoD to be the best selling game on 360, because I like to see exclusives at the top of the list, but alas even at 12 million it won't come close.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix