By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Ranking Game - Final Fantasy XIII - We're back!

Tagged games:

What did you think when reading the OP?

This guy sure knows how t... 13 27.66%

360 version has longer legs 3 6.38%

I wonder if Runa has posted yet? 9 19.15%

Oh.. this won't end well 4 8.51%

Yay! It's back! 2 4.26%

Couldn't pick a better game for the revival? 7 14.89%

This game has the best Lightning in gaming 6 12.77%

Total:44

10/10

Final Fantasy XIII is one of the best games of this generation for me. It offers a deep and complex story that not everyone will be able to follow the first time playing. The characters were interesting and felt very human. It was one of the most realistic interpretation of characters I have ever seen (although it is a fantasy setting).

Square-Enix is trying to reinvent each iteration. FF XIII plays very differently than older FF's and puts a deeper emphasis on the story. It is meant to play the game straight-forward and focus on the story.

From this point of view Final Fantasy XIII has almost no competition on the PS3. There is currently no other game that offers such a deep Story and Character development on the PS3. Assassin's Creed, Heavy Rain and Heavenly Sword were the only other games that I have played that offered mature stories of similar quality, but these are different genres.

Around the Network

7.0/10 Worst final fantasy to date but still a decent game.

I thought yo John was back!
FFXIII PS3:

+ Jaw dropping graphics
+ Nice Soundtrack

- Terrible story, bad pacing and awful dialogue.
- Characters are flat and have no real personality or depth.
- Battle system that have fun with it self and ignore you most of the time...
- More linear than Pac-man.

Score 4.5/10

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I'm not that big into Japanese RPGs, but I've played FF1,2,4,6, Pokemon and Valkyria Chronicles.

Final Fantasy XIII is worse then all. No interesting gameplay, strategies or rpg elements whatsoever. Story went nowhere for the 2/3 of the game I managed to drag myself through. The did cutscenes look good.

Score: 6

8/10 while I was dissapointed and it is the worst final fantasy. it is definitely still a good game better than most just not other ff's. had awesome production value.

Around the Network

9.5/10

Got to be up early for school tomorrow!

Don't worry, I'll be back with a review.

9/10

It's a very good game. Compared to the rest of the series it's a bit of a departure. Good characters (perhaps best in the series), fantastic graphics, ost. It's not without its faults, but I personally believe the games biggest problem was its fan-bases inability to accept change. It's not my favorite in the series, but it's certainlly not the worst either. Also Fang<3Lightning<3

The only time I've ever fallen asleep during a video game was during MGS2 Tanker scene and while repeatedly tapping the action button in the  'heat' of a boss battle in FF XIII.

The game bored me to tears. I put a good 30-40 hours into the game, got to Grand Pulse with the promises that the game would open up... but I was let down by both the game and the gaming community.

The game felt empty due to the lack of exploration. If I wanted to play a corridor game with a linear path to victory I would of bought  a game that fit that requirement. I purchased FF XIII thinking it would be... well an RPG. A lot of elements that make a good role playing game were not present. And even though I tried my hardest to like this game, I just couldn't do with the poor battle system that limited my control over the party. What was it? The pedigree shift? Whatever it was called... really insulted me as a gamer. It took complete control away from me. Semi controlling one character while having every other party member do their own thing really didn't cut it for me.

The characters were forgettable and the story was deliberately withheld from the player creating the illusion that the plot was complicated and full of twists. By the time you finally get most of the story you start asking yourself why am I learning this now and why should I care?

The soundtrack was ok.

3/10

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

We almost have a score in every single increment! LEGENDARY!

We need a 1 & 2 now,...Runa should provide the 1, someone needs to provide a 2!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

hatmoza said:

The only time I've ever fallen asleep during a video game was during MGS2 Tanker scene and while repeatedly tapping the action button in the  'heat' of a boss battle in FF XIII.

The game bored me to tears. I put a good 30-40 hours into the game, got to Grand Pulse with the promises that the game would open up... but I was let down by both the game and the gaming community.

The game felt empty due to the lack of exploration. If I wanted to play a corridor game with a linear path to victory I would of bought  a game that fit that requirement. I purchased FF XIII thinking it would be... well an RPG. A lot of elements that make a good role playing game were not present. And even though I tried my hardest to like this game, I just couldn't do with the poor battle system that limited my control over the party. What was it? The pedigree shift? Whatever it was called... really insulted me as a gamer. It took complete control away from me. Semi controlling one character while having every other party member do their own thing really didn't cut it for me.

The characters were forgettable and the story was deliberately withheld from the player creating the illusion that the plot was complicated and full of twists. By the time you finally get most of the story you start asking yourself why am I learning this now and why should I care?

The soundtrack was ok.

3/10

So the game bored you so much and you still played it for almost 40 hours? Seriously?