By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: PlayStation All Stars will sell more than 5 million lifetime

How many units will PSASBR sell?

less than 2 million 242 56.15%

more than 2 million 135 31.32%

more than 5 million 28 6.50%

more than 10 million 4 0.93%

more than 15 million 22 5.10%

Total:431
miz1q2w3e said:
Your poll's all wrong.

OT: I doubt it.

why is it wrong

Around the Network

This game will be HUGGEEEEEE

It will have one of the best LEGS ever.

Many people on this site doubt and underestimate Sony sales, every.single.time

miz1q2w3e said:
Jay520 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Your poll's all wrong.
 what's wrong? The options or the results?

The options. Nevermind me though, it's nothing.

its saying this if you didn't understand:
0-2million

2m-5m

5m-10m

10m-15m

+15m

Its definetly not wrong.

Turkish said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Jay520 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Your poll's all wrong.

0-2million

2m-5m

5m-10m

10m-15m

+15m

Its definetly not wrong.

Look at the results. Look at the comments. Most people are choosing the first two options, with next to noone going for the latter options. 

Better would be a million increase up until 5/6mil, then 2mil increases to 10mil, then 10mil+.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Turkish said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Jay520 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Your poll's all wrong.

0-2million

2m-5m

5m-10m

10m-15m

+15m

Its definetly not wrong.

Look at the results. Look at the comments. Most people are choosing the first two options, with next to noone going for the latter options. 

Better would be a million increase up until 5/6mil, then 2mil increases to 10mil, then 10mil+.

hmm gonna think about that

Around the Network

I'll be personally surprised if it even hits 2million without aggressive bundling with the Vita and PS3. It will need heavy advertising and Crash Bandicoot for it to exceed 5 million. There's a huge backlash from fans of Smash Bros that believe other companies aren't allowed to make a game for a genre once Nintendo creates an IP for that genre, so the constant bad mouthing of the game on most on-line forums won't do the sales any good.

Before I get shat all over. The Outfoxies. You're welcome.

Panama said:
I'll be personally surprised if it even hits 2million without aggressive bundling with the Vita and PS3. It will need heavy advertising and Crash Bandicoot for it to exceed 5 million. There's a huge backlash from fans of Smash Bros that believe other companies aren't allowed to make a game for a genre once Nintendo creates an IP for that genre, so the constant bad mouthing of the game on most on-line forums won't do the sales any good.

HAHAHAHA, so Nintendo fans will cause this game not selling? LOL!

The game is really liked wel on  forums, and Ive yet to see Nintendo fans telling PlayStation fans not to buy the game, even if they did, why would a Playstation gamer listen to a Nintendo fan?

ninty fan: hey sony fan, don't buy ALl Stars!

sony fan: lol why

ninty fan: because its a copy arrrgggghhhh!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

sony fan: lol gtfo

If anything, I'm seeing a lot of Smash fans saying they will buy a PS3 or Vita just for this game.

Turkish said:
Panama said:

The game is really liked wel on  forums, and Ive yet to see Nintendo fans telling PlayStation fans not to buy the game, even if they did, why would a Playstation gamer listen to a Nintendo fan?

If anything, I'm seeing a lot of Smash fans saying they will buy a PS3 or Vita just for this game.

@bold. Nope.

Regarding the last sentence, I already own a PS3 and I'm starting to debate whether I will buy it or not. Lately I've been getting more an more into smash, and this is a series that has proven itself as of the 64 version, which is still the best of them all, it's still a great game and I play it online against other great players. PASBR still has to prove itself as a hit and has yet to build a fanbase. Time will tell, but the doubt is legitimate. Bearing in mind that the only Sony series to top 10 mil is Gran Turismo, and that pretty much blasts away most of your poll options.

Now, the interesting thing with PASBR is that it taps into a Nintendo formula, and with Nintendo games it's not uncommon for them to sell over 10M. However, this happened before and did not yield smashing results. Here are a few examples:

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
5 Crash Bash PS 2000 Misc Sony Computer Entertainment 1.56 1.47 0.19 0.17 3.39
1 ModNation Racers PS3 2010 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 0.43 0.34 0.06 0.14 0.96

Also, bear in mind, the best Sony franchise of PASBR sold a little over 5M.

1 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 2009 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 2.72 1.89 0.21 0.88 5.69

In contrast Mario had sold more than 50M units series total by the time Smash 64 was released, and this was at a time where Nintendo was in bad shape. Just on the NES:

1 Super Mario Bros. NES 1985 Platform Nintendo 29.08 3.58 6.81 0.77 40.24
2 Super Mario Bros. 3 NES 1988 Platform Nintendo 9.54 3.44 3.84 0.46 17.28
3 Super Mario Bros. 2 NES 1988 Platform Nintendo 5.39 1.18 0.70 0.19 7.46
4 Super Mario Bros. 2 (FDS) NES 1986 Platform Nintendo 0.00 0.00 2.65 0.00 2.65
5 Super Mario USA NES 1992 Platform Nintendo 0.00 0.00 0.69 0.00 0.69
Total44.018.2014.691.4268.32

And if you're going to say it's bundled, I'll have to remind you that it's the fact that it was bundled that pushed units to consumers.

So with all this in mind, I gave PASBR a fair 4Mil prediction, and I'm going to stick to that simply because the PS3 is doing well at last and will have a decent holiday season especially for SW. If PASBR is Playstation's posterboy for this holiday season, then yes 4Mil is a fair prediciton I think.

Turkish said:
Panama said:

Agreed. I love Smash and I think this game will be interesting. I will wait, how it turns out. If good, it strengthens together with Gravity Rush the chances of me buying a Vita. Orgarhythm should come to Europe too.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I wonder, how so many think it will not even reach 1 million. It's the Smash Bros formula, and this has proven that it can do legs. Sure, Playstation is a different platform, that maybe has a different consumer structure. So I don't think, it will reach Smash Bros numbers. But it will sure break 1 million, and I'm pretty sure it also does 2 million. Beyond that it is very unclear - new unproven IP. So I predict 2-4 million.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]