By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why isn't anyone posting the big seemingly legitamite Romney criticism?

After all the ridiculious, farcial conspriacy theory stuff... why isn't anyone talking about the big real thing?

In fact, government documents on the bailout obtained by Rolling Stone show that the legend crafted by Romney is basically a lie. The federal records, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, reveal that Romney's initial rescue attempt at Bain & Company was actually a disaster – leaving the firm so financially strapped that it had "no value as a going concern." Even worse, the federal bailout ultimately engineered by Romney screwed the FDIC – the bank insurance system backed by taxpayers – out of at least $10 million. And in an added insult, Romney rewarded top executives at Bain with hefty bonuses at the very moment that he was demanding his handout from the feds.

http://reason.com/24-7/2012/08/30/rolling-stone-mitt-romney-got-bailout-fo

I guess because it doesn't paint government bailouts in the best light?

Around the Network

You just spoiled Obama's major smack down topic at the Dem convention. I hope you're happy now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
You just spoiled Obama's major smack down topic at the Dem convention. I hope you're happy now.

I thought his big surprise was that he was going to get Harrison Ford to give a campaign speech.  At least that's how I would counter Eastwood.

Kasz216 said:
binary solo said:

I thought his big surprise was that he was going to get Harrison Ford to give a campaign speech.

Yeah, I guess the Clint move went over so well for Mitt that Obama should wheel out an ageing actor of his own for some unscripted piss taking.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

After so many conspiracies that try to pin romney down, no one even notices anymore. It's like there's a new theory every month, no one even cares anymore

Around the Network

can't really say a lot about him because all i see is his wife saying how great of a person her husband is at the election campaign ...and when she is saying that about her husband it has to be true or not? lol

There is nothing to discuss when you will never vote Republican and not too many worries until they become your leader.

Who cares about that? Romney put a dog on top of his car, LOL!

Obama is going to lay this man out this November. He's so full of crap...

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

reason.com is your source for information. Speaks volumes.