By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why isn't anyone posting the big seemingly legitamite Romney criticism?

dsgrue3 said:
reason.com is your source for information. Speaks volumes.

Reason.com was my source because I like to use a "Friendly" source for unflattering information.   Since they are most likely to properly explain or twist things.

For a Republican Scanal I'd use something like Reason.

For a Democratic Scandal I use the huffington post.

Around the Network

I read the topic thread and at first I thought "legitamite" was some sort of fringe religious cult.

badgenome said:
sethnintendo said:

He is basically right...  PS3 (Obama) and 360 (Romney) are pretty much the same.

But he's wrong because while Ground Zeroes is certainly graphically impressive, it is not the best looking title. The previous Metal Gears - even MGS4 - had a pleasantly stylized look. Photorealistic Snake just looks... wrong.

(Which is to say, I'm writing in Ron Paul.)

Unless you live in a state where it's a foregone conclusion one way or another, you're doing Obama a service by not voting Romney.

By which i mean, i encourage libertarians to vote third party

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

haxxiy said:
I read the topic thread and at first I thought "legitamite" was some sort of fringe religious cult.

No, legitamite is that shit Australians eat.

Mr Khan said:

Unless you live in a state where it's a foregone conclusion one way or another, you're doing Obama a service by not voting Romney.

Obama didn't win my state in 2008, so he has no shot in hell in 2012.

Even if I lived in a contested state, pretending your vote really matters is just silly. If an election is very, very close in a state, and it comes down to a few hundred or even a few dozen votes, your vote still didn't decide anything. So, again, I think you may as well vote your conscience instead of holding your nose to pick one of the two viable candidates just because you're "throwing your vote away" otherwise. Your vote is statistically insignificant, so feel free to waste it on the very best candidate.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

Obama didn't win my state in 2008, so he has no shot in hell in 2012.

Even if I lived in a contested state, pretending your vote really matters is just silly. If an election is very, very close in a state, and it comes down to a few hundred or even a few dozen votes, your vote still didn't decide anything. So, again, I think you may as well vote your conscience instead of holding your nose to pick one of the two viable candidates just because you're "throwing your vote away" otherwise. Your vote is statistically insignificant, so feel free to waste it on the very best candidate.

Right, but if even 1,000 registered voters in a state think that way, that can matter in a swing state. Same with people who think "why vote at all, my vote won't matter."

Really America should do a runoff system on a state-by-state basis, or make the electoral college into something more on the matter of proportional representation, so that if a state with 20 electors had 5% third party vote, then one elector is bound to vote for someone else. That would also soothe the anxieties of electoral enclaves like Eastern Washington State, or Austin, Texas, whose votes are essentially perpetually wasted every presidential election.

Mr Khan said:

Right, but if even 1,000 registered voters in a state think that way, that can matter in a swing state. Same with people who think "why vote at all, my vote won't matter."

I don't see the problem with the former. If it raised third parties to the level of playing spoilers instead of being completely irrelevant, I think that would only be a good thing.

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

I don't see the problem with the former. If it raised third parties to the level of playing spoilers instead of being completely irrelevant, I think that would only be a good thing.

Spoilers don't seem to do much good for anyone, if you mean in terms of trying to influence the platform of one of the big two. Look at the RNC and that scripted "vote" on the new rules that essentially crush non-mainstream candidates in primaries now and forever.

I don't care who I vote for but I absolutely will not be voting for this joker.

Mr Khan said:

Spoilers don't seem to do much good for anyone, if you mean in terms of trying to influence the platform of one of the big two. Look at the RNC and that scripted "vote" on the new rules that essentially crush non-mainstream candidates in primaries now and forever.

I mean in general. The current duopoly allows for very heated but extremely narrow arguments. Third parties breaking that up would be a good thing.

And sure, the RNC can squash Ron Paul when the most his supporters can do is start a noisy little floor fight that they can't possibly win. But totally hypothetically, if enough people were to write in Ron Paul to cost Romney the election, then it would behoove the Republicans to do more to woo Paul supporters.