By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Smartphone Do you Currently Use? OS etc.. Do you like it?

What OS?

Android 80 55.56%

IOS 30 20.83%

BlackBerry 5 3.47%

WP7 22 15.28%

Other Explain... in Comment 7 4.86%

Total:144
binary solo said:
thetonestarr said:
binary solo said:
thetonestarr said:
binary solo said:
The ancient (by phone standards) Motorola Milestone. Android 2.2 (or is it 2.1?).

I particularly love this modell because of the slide out QWERTY keyboard. I really don't like touchscreen for typing so I'm going to be a sad panda when this phone finally dies (hopefully not for a few years) because no one carries slide out QWERTY phones here.

If / when I replace I'll probably go for a on the front QWERTY like Motorola Fire. But it will be with regret that I give up real estate that could be screen for physical keys.

Oh I have a Blackberry Curve for work, which I don't like very much, but it does the job it's required for and as I didn't have to pay for it, or its ongoing costs I can't really complain.

dude just order a milestone 3 or 4 online or something.

I would if I needed to pay full price, but my brother works for a telco company and I can normally get trade ins for cheap from him, which means I'm limited to the brands available hear. The Milestone I currently have cost me about 1/3 the retail price and it was only a few months old, the purchaser brought it back because they didn't like it O_o and they replaced it with a straight touchscreen phone.

What company does your brother work for?

NZ Telecom.

dang, their selections really do suck. not a single slider keyboard!

personally, I'd go with the Galaxy S III. No, it doesn't have a physical keyboard, but it has such a huge screen that it's actually not too bad.

but I would definitely still understand if you didn't, because I'm in the same boat as you opinion-wise. I used to have a Milestone 2 and now have a Milestone 3 and I will not go with a touchscreen-only phone unless I have to.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
binary solo said:
thetonestarr said:
binary solo said:
thetonestarr said:
binary solo said:
The ancient (by phone standards) Motorola Milestone. Android 2.2 (or is it 2.1?).

I particularly love this modell because of the slide out QWERTY keyboard. I really don't like touchscreen for typing so I'm going to be a sad panda when this phone finally dies (hopefully not for a few years) because no one carries slide out QWERTY phones here.

If / when I replace I'll probably go for a on the front QWERTY like Motorola Fire. But it will be with regret that I give up real estate that could be screen for physical keys.

Oh I have a Blackberry Curve for work, which I don't like very much, but it does the job it's required for and as I didn't have to pay for it, or its ongoing costs I can't really complain.

dude just order a milestone 3 or 4 online or something.

I would if I needed to pay full price, but my brother works for a telco company and I can normally get trade ins for cheap from him, which means I'm limited to the brands available hear. The Milestone I currently have cost me about 1/3 the retail price and it was only a few months old, the purchaser brought it back because they didn't like it O_o and they replaced it with a straight touchscreen phone.

What company does your brother work for?

NZ Telecom.

dang, their selections really do suck. not a single slider keyboard!

personally, I'd go with the Galaxy S III. No, it doesn't have a physical keyboard, but it has such a huge screen that it's actually not too bad.

but I would definitely still understand if you didn't, because I'm in the same boat as you opinion-wise. I used to have a Milestone 2 and now have a Milestone 3 and I will not go with a touchscreen-only phone unless I have to.

Hopefully in a couple of years sliders will be all the rage. Prior to the Milestone I had a LG Optimus slider phone, that was an ex-staff phone and the touchscreen was almost non-functional but it was still great becaue of the slider QWERTY. Only thing it was hopeless for was games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I have a Galaxy Nexus with CyanogenMod 10 build giving it Jelly Bean.

Android is the best OS in order to get exactly what you want out of a phone. No limitations.

Android 4.x is simply put the best mobile OS on the market. Just wish Google had more control over how quickly a OEM and Carrier can take to put out the latest version. Too many variables I guess.

I love Android and especially this phone. Its a truly open phone, no carrier or OEM bloat/changes, 4G LTE, NFC, and overall excellent quality in every way. This will be the first phone in many years that I will keep for a full two years.

Hahaha, I think I win! Still using a WM6.5 upgraded HTC Touch, been browsing the last two years for a possible new candidate and still haven't found one. Let's see what WP8 brings tomorrow (although I see more moblets)...

Do I like it? Yes, if not why would I have kept it so long?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

had galaxy s2 - ics was mugged then bought
xperia arc had a wrestle cracked it
and just bought a motorola atrix 2 - gingerbread
all in about 2 weeks
none compare to the galaxy s2 but atrix seems quite nice so did the arc but felt too small

Around the Network

HTC One X

I had the now infamous WLAN fault, I sent it away for repair which took 5 days but came back perfect. Since the repair and the last update released it is super smooth and all the issues of Sense crashing are gone. The battery life of the handset is massively improved also, probably as a result of not always having a weak WLAN signal now. Cant wait for the Jellybean update.

HTC 7Pro WP7.5 Upgrade is well overdue so a Lumia 920 is on the cards.

Android 2.3 on a Sony Xperia Play (yes, I was one of 5 people that bought one, lol).

It's actually held up fairly well although it's a bit annoying that we don't get the 4.x upgrade (driver problems with the control pad). Would quite like a Jelly Bean phone after trying it out on my Nexus 7. Due an upgrade next year so will see what platform I go to then.

Normal iPhone 4, nothing special about it. Really like the design of Apple products and the efficiency of the OS. As long as it's working, I'm happy.

안녕하세요, oh!sayHUN 입니다! — living, loving life @ 04201990 · personal · chocoalatte

LG Optimus V Gingerbread OS. Makes calls and texts just fine.