By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Smartphone Do you Currently Use? OS etc.. Do you like it?

What OS?

Android 80 55.56%

IOS 30 20.83%

BlackBerry 5 3.47%

WP7 22 15.28%

Other Explain... in Comment 7 4.86%

Total:144

Samsung Galaxy S2 running 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich OS

Best phone I've ever used by a mile.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

HTC wildfire- it runs android 2.2 lol (no new updates been released for it!)
It's a great cheap little phone, but it's just too slow for me now. But it's good, if you are on a budget

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I've been using an iPhone 4 for the last 2 years. It's been a great phone and I will pick up the iPhone 5 once it releases.
The only thing I wish Apple would do would be to add multitouch/multitasking gestures to the iphone like on the ipad. ( http://www.businessinsider.com/ipads-multitouch-gestures-2012-7?op=1 )
I installed Zephyr, (http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/zephyr-jailbreak-tweak-adds-multitasking-gestures-to-iphone-20111229/ ) but still I'd rather have native support for them (like on the ipad!)

My iPhone 4 will go to my girlfriend to replace her 3rd gen ipod touch (similar specs to the iphone 3gs.) She won't use it as a phone. Her phone is a Seiko Portus. ( http://www.sii.co.jp/wx/02s/index.html ) Not really a smartphone, but it has a built-in 42Mbps wi-fi router so she can use it with all of her wifi devices (ipod touch/soon to be iphone 4, wifi ipad 3 and 3ds/psp.)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

iOS because it's work... I had serious issues with Android and the WP still lacks some essentials features.

About interface: iOS > WP > Android.

I just got the iPhone 4s as my first smart phone. It's running iOS 5.1. It's really nice and I'm loving it. My sister and brother-in-law bought it for my birthday/Christmas gift. They're the greatest !

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
I would choose the Samsung Galaxy S3 over the IPhone 4S second choice if I had to buy a smart phone. The S3 looks better than the IPhone 4S. S3 is superior at web browsing and it has a better camera than the IPhone 4S. The IPhone 4S is considerably much easier to use than the S3.

I have the Iphone 4s. The S3 camera must be the perfect phone camera,because the Iphone 4S camera is pretty dam good in my opinion. 

samsung galaxy s2 on ICS here. nice phone. love it just think the battery is little short

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

For anyone complaining about the S2 battery life, I hope you are running Juice Defender. It made a fairly significant difference for me.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
None. Smart phones are over hyped and they are expensive.

Same. Just bought a Samsung Brightside.... and it's really great for what it is.

I usually have family or friends that have a smartphone near, so I just use theirs if I need the internet :P

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

I've had a DROID 2 for about two years.  Maybe longer.  I'm still very happy with it.  Personally, I MUST have the slide out keyboard on my phone for certain occasions.  I don't know what I'd do without one.  The only smartphone option at this point is the Droid series.  I planned on going with then newer model earlier this year (DROID 4, I think) but after watching the reviews online, I just didn't see enough improvements to warrant the upgrade.  Hell, there seemed to be a few areas where the series had devolved.

I don't use it for games, anymore.  Just movies, browsing the web, navigation, music, etc.  It's still an app monster.