By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Tea Party summed up!!!

killerzX said:
Kantor said:
killerzX said:
Kasz216 said:

That is totally a myth.  There is plenty of europeon policy that is far right of the US Republican Party.  It's just the dynamics are different, and people tned to focus on the few big conservative issues.  Like healthcare policy.

If you don't believe me... look at the GFC... and how the USA handles that, compaired to how Europe is handling the Europeon Debt Crisis.

In the US it's money money printed everywhere and artificially lowered rates.   While the Europeons have been pushing austerity measures that would make most republicans blush.  Meanwhile, in the US QE3 is expected by the end of the year.  Because we aren't growing enough... let alone europe's lack of fiscal action over actual regression in GDP.

Things like immigration law... a lot of the anti-muislim laws, this stuff would NEVER be passed, and people wouldn't even think to ask for it.

and to suggest the left in europe are somehow much further left than our democrats is laughable.

you would be hard pressed to find a leftist policy that europe supports that the dems dont.

A 50% financial tax rate.

Genuine universal health care.

Same-sex marriages.

you dont think the the democratic party supports these things?

While certain individuals in the Democratic Party MAY support these things (eg. Obama saying he PERSONALLY supports it) - that's a big difference from having it as part of your party platform.

None of those issues  - taking your GENUINE universal healthcare stated, as opposed to the watered down (to the rest of the developed Western world) Obamacare - are actually part of the Democrats 2012 platform. Even though some individuals may have spoken in favour of them.

The same way some Republicans support abortion in some cases - their platform is "no exceptions".

But please, I stress again  - this is just how things look to someone who isn't a citizen, who follows a fair bit of press/news coverage of issues in your country - not a critique of either side.

Around the Network

Also - as much as my avatar warrants discussion - I thought this was a political thread!

These always end in tears!

Kantor said:
killerzX said:
Kasz216 said:

That is totally a myth.  There is plenty of europeon policy that is far right of the US Republican Party.  It's just the dynamics are different, and people tned to focus on the few big conservative issues.  Like healthcare policy.

If you don't believe me... look at the GFC... and how the USA handles that, compaired to how Europe is handling the Europeon Debt Crisis.

In the US it's money money printed everywhere and artificially lowered rates.   While the Europeons have been pushing austerity measures that would make most republicans blush.  Meanwhile, in the US QE3 is expected by the end of the year.  Because we aren't growing enough... let alone europe's lack of fiscal action over actual regression in GDP.

Things like immigration law... a lot of the anti-muislim laws, this stuff would NEVER be passed, and people wouldn't even think to ask for it.

and to suggest the left in europe are somehow much further left than our democrats is laughable.

you would be hard pressed to find a leftist policy that europe supports that the dems dont.

Same-sex marriages.

Outside of the Same Sex Marriages, I'd say Democrats support those things.

As for Same Sex Marriage.. by 2014, that will be a Democratic plank.   Most Democrats are for same sex marriage, except when they run for President.

Also, i'd point out that Ireland for example... doesn't support any of those things.

So really you have to be picking and choosing your Europeon States to use those examples.

Kasz216 said:
Kantor said:
killerzX said:
Kasz216 said:

Same-sex marriages.

As for Same Sex Marriage.. by 2014, that will be a Democratic plank.   Most Democrats are for same sex marriage, except when they run for President.

Also, i'd point out that Ireland for example... doesn't support any of those things.

So really you have to be picking and choosing your Europeon States to use those examples.

i thought the democratic party adopted the same sex mariage platform this election. did they not?

NightDragon83 said:

i didn't realise bush knew how to golf..

Around the Network
killerzX said:
Kasz216 said:
Kantor said:
killerzX said:
Kasz216 said:

Same-sex marriages.

i thought the democratic party adopted the same sex mariage platform this election. did they not?

EDIT: Whoops, you are right, they do support Gay marriage now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/05/us/politics/how-the-party-platforms-differ.html

JimmyDanger said:
Also - as much as my avatar warrants discussion - I thought this was a political thread!

These always end in tears!

To avoid ending in tears, I thought it would be good to discuss playing the Star Wars Arcade game at home.

LOL, that's so true!!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

killerzX said:
Kasz216 said:
JimmyDanger said:
To an outsider - I don't live in your country, but having ample access to Fox News, CNN etc - it seems the vitriol, rhetoric fuelled Republican machine is in full force like never before.

From their anti abortion (no exceptions) platform, to their opposition to government subsidised healthcare (I believe the US is the only developed Western "power" to lack some form of this) - it looks like a campaign fuelled with piss and vinegar, and lacking in compassion, or longterm worldview.

It's interesting to see some passionate debate among those of you who'll be voting this November.

While most of the worlds (developed Western Nations) moderate right wingers basically equate to your Democrats - or centre/moderate left - most developed Western Nations don't really have an equivalent to your far right wing Republican party - except on the fringes of public opinion.

So it's interesting to watch as an outsider/non US citizen.

Please carry on, and disregard any opinion (or assessment of public perception) that I may have presented as irrelevant. Because in the scheme of things - to someone not voting in your presidential elections - it is!

Are you kidding me? Our european conservatives are more left than democrats in the US.

Examples, of what we have and is not attacked by the conservatives: public health insurance, no death penalty, abortions are allowed, people aren't allowed to own weapons.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

kitler53 said:
NightDragon83 said:

i didn't realise bush knew how to golf..

Didn't realize Bush wasn't president anymore, being that his name is still brought up as often as Obama's these days, and apparently everything that goes wrong is his fault still.

Don't worry though... in 2 months Obama will be taking a permanent vacation from the White House.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.