By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Adam Sessler has doubts about Wii U, thinks it could be delayed to 2013 ~ Is this guy on drugs? Pachter=Sessler

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
VicViper said:
Have you guys ever listened to him talking? It's... strange.

ACtually used to like him on G4. I guess he thought he was big enough that he could survive on his own.

Never seen him on G4, just on Gametrailers bonus round and invisible walls

He's more like a comic relief. The bad thing is that I don't find him comical and don't get reliefed when he talks

Around the Network

*OUT OF CONTEXT*

Sessler's tweet just before that one:
"I think the Wii U will arrive this year in America and Japan at least. I can see a delay in Europe."

*HE'S TALKING ABOUT EUROPE ONLY*

TheShape31 said:
*OUT OF CONTEXT*

Sessler's tweet just before that one:
"I think the Wii U will arrive this year in America and Japan at least. I can see a delay in Europe."

*HE'S TALKING ABOUT EUROPE ONLY*

While I am inclined to agree with you. .... I cannot find the Tweet.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Maybe in Europe, who knows... EU just confirmed there'll not be a Reggie style conference for them. Maybe it's a sign

I like Adam Sessler a lot, respect his opinion on games. He is not saying that Wii U will be delayed, he is just questioning the thought because of the lack of information on the console while its supposed release day is coming up. His second point is valid, who knows how well the Wii U will do and even if it does do well will it be enough to bring the industry back up or will it take more new consoles or crazy new software before that happens? The price comparison to other games is to highlight the Wii U's stiff competition with the PS3 and 360 since very strong software will be releasing during the same time it might be hard for Wii U to sell. There is nothing wrong with his statements.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I am a crazy Ass-Hole!

You can add Adam Sessler to the long list of Wii U doubters.

Sessler, previously a co-host of G4′s X-Play, is starting to wonder if the console will actually launch this year and isn’t sure if it will “provide the needed stimulation to the industry.”

He wrote on Twitter today:

“…Also….increasing confident that the WiiU will a) not come out this year. b)will not provide the needed stimulation to the industry. I will probably eat my words on one of those points. By then I hope to have a video platform to apologize on. Selling console this Nov. with a price north of Borderlands, AC3, Halo 4 and CoD combined and announcing in Sept?”

It’s very unlikely at this point that Nintendo will delay the launch of Wii U to 2013. With the Wii, Nintendo announced the console’s release date and price in September, and it ended up hitting store shelves in November. This pattern will likely hold true for the Wii U.

Source

Typical Typical Typical. It doesn't really matter what games are coming out on other consoles this Christmas. Nintendo fanboys such as myself have been waiting a very long time for Nintendo to go to HD and will ensure that the launch is a success. What the systems does after that we'll have to wait and see. But it will certainly help the industry since it's replacing a dead wii console with at the very least a decent selling new machine.

Oh jeez, Adam Sessler thinks the Wii U will be delayed or difficult to sell, and says 'probably wrong though' in the same sentence.

What do you think guys, a public stoning, lynching, maybe beat him to death with a Wii Fit board?

NatureBoy said:
How dare he have an opinion on anything that doesn,t say it is all sunshine and fucken candy land for Nintendo. Shame on him, stone him.

Hang on, let me get my pitch fork and torch...LET'S BURN HIS ASS!!

Btw, has Nintendo announced a date yet?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
NatureBoy said:
How dare he have an opinion on anything that doesn,t say it is all sunshine and fucken candy land for Nintendo. Shame on him, stone him.

Hang on, let me get my pitch fork and torch...LET'S BURN HIS ASS!!

Btw, has Nintendo announced a date yet?

Not yet, they will have a Japan conference (still undated) and an US one (on september 13th), probably will spill the beans on date and price (even for Europe - delayed or not)

Chark said:
I like Adam Sessler a lot, respect his opinion on games. He is not saying that Wii U will be delayed, he is just questioning the thought because of the lack of information on the console while its supposed release day is coming up. His second point is valid, who knows how well the Wii U will do and even if it does do well will it be enough to bring the industry back up or will it take more new consoles or crazy new software before that happens? The price comparison to other games is to highlight the Wii U's stiff competition with the PS3 and 360 since very strong software will be releasing during the same time it might be hard for Wii U to sell. There is nothing wrong with his statements.

There's precedent here for Nintendo not releasing information until 2 months before showtime, in several cases. So its nothing to get worried about.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.