By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think of wikileaks?

the2real4mafol said:

A government doesn't just bow down to pressure like that. If they want to become more transparent, they will take measures to do so but if they don't want to, they will ignore you and hope you give in. Governments can be very stubborn!

If transparency is important to you and your elected representative doesn't support greater transparency at the next election vote in favour of a representative that does support greater transparency ... If you can convince enough voters that transparency is important your government will become more transparent.

Around the Network
digitalnasties said:

From what I gathered from the few links you provided it was only Afghans being targeted.  I really don't give a shit about any of those bs wars anymore.  

Just goes to show how sad society has become, its ok becuase its only Afghans.

Yep, but if one American was killed due to those links I'm sure I wouldn't hear the fucking end of it.  In USA a white person being murdered = x10000 any other ethnicity.

HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:

A government doesn't just bow down to pressure like that. If they want to become more transparent, they will take measures to do so but if they don't want to, they will ignore you and hope you give in. Governments can be very stubborn!

If transparency is important to you and your elected representative doesn't support greater transparency at the next election vote in favour of a representative that does support greater transparency ... If you can convince enough voters that transparency is important your government will become more transparent.

It's still up to the government though, and you said that yourself pretty much

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:

It's still up to the government though, and you said that yourself pretty much

Its called democracy, the government is the people ... If you get the people to care about transparency in government you will get transparency from government.

KungKras said:
Noone else thinks the name of the site is silly?

I always have. Sounds like a name for a Swedish diaper or something.

As for what they do, i'm afraid i'll have to condemn them.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I don't have much against the site or the leaked documents, but I'm not too keen on Mr Assange himself- he seems like a bit of a douche, honestly.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Mostly good, though they don't do enough to properly crop parts that can really serve to do nothing but endanger foreign nationals, and sometimes post inane shit that doesn't really matter, like an ambassador making fun of another country.

That said, my money is on Julian Assange likely being a rapist and a douche who made wikileaks soley to get rich and is just doing everything he can to get out of his douchey date rapist actions.

Assange is a prick and should stop cowering in an embassy and go to Sweden to face trial. Innocent people dont seek asylum in foreign embassies. We dont need this site anyway as all documents will eventually get made public under the freedom of information act. Goverments do need to keep some secrets in the same way business' do.

Mr Khan said:

As for what they do, i'm afraid i'll have to condemn them.

Did they leak your nude photos or something?

OT: Between their own hypocritical lack of transparency and associations with the likes of Israel Shamir and that douche Assange, I am not a fan.

RedInker said:

Assange is a prick and should stop cowering in an embassy and go to Sweden to face trial. Innocent people dont seek asylum in foreign embassies. We dont need this site anyway as all documents will eventually get made public under the freedom of information act. Goverments do need to keep some secrets in the same way business' do.

The hundreds of people who seek asylum in Europe and America from the middle east aren't innocent?

He didn't sexually assault anybody. The crimes with which he is charged are not a part of any sensible definition of sexual assault. But that's not the point. Sweden and Britain would not be this obsessive about prosecuting a low level sexual assault. They would not threaten to storm an embassy. On top of that, Sweden refuses to guarantee that no further extradition will take place. Sweden has not refused an American extradition request for 12 years.

And no, not all government documents will become public. The trend in western society is very much away from government accountability and towards a powerful, clandestine and authoritarian government that monitors your Internet use and throws you in jail for four months on end without trial, on charges of "terrorism".

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective