By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "Third Party Wii Games Aren't Selling" - No More Heroes developer

mesoteto said:
i dont know....Capcom is making a killing right now on the will, as well as EA, and then some game company with a guitar game....ohh who was that again
 As is Sega.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

How many threads are there on the this one topic?

I think the art style scares away people making the title a niche for other developers Capcom and Ubisoft has made a good profit and good sales it's developers fault to not soupport the Wii from the start.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

the reason most third party publishers are pissy is because the wii's library is flooded with other third party games....and naturally,only good brand names will sell,like sonic and guitar hero.

I wonder how old that interview is/was.
Because G4 reported this week Suda 51 was already working on a sequel to NMH.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Microsoft should give this guy a real budget and see what he can do on the 360.

You're the guy that defined SMG as a failure, right?  Are you going to change that definition when it surpasses Halo 3 handily later this year?

To be fair, similar games on the Xbox 360 and Wii have sold slightly better on the side of the 360.  Look at Guitar Hero 3: it sold a bit over 1.1 million for the Wii and a bit over 1.4 million for the 360.  Look for this trend to change as the Wii (by a wide margin) and PS3 (by a less wide margin) continue to outsell the 360 world wide. 

Legend can you be a bit less inflammatory? Lots of complaints from what you said.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I see a ps2 port.

mM
TheSource said:
Legend can you be a bit less inflammatory? Lots of complaints from what you said.

I don't think I've ever seen him do much else besides troll, except when he's trolling covertly via multiple paragraphs of text to disguise his trolling as logical discourse.

As for what he said, Legend said it because every game, in his mind, would do better and BE better on the 360. If SMG was on the 360, it would be a stellar game. If SSBB was on the 360, he'd love it to pieces. If Halo 3 was on the PS3, he'd crap all over it.

NMH didn't sell in Japan? Big surprise, because NO "hardcore" games are selling in Japan right now. SMG, LoZ and even RPGs have been underperforming. The Japanese populace has moved over to handhelds and non-gaming.

After this game launches in the US/EU with Ubisoft's advertising engine behind it, THEN we'll see how it does overall.

Until then, nothing has been set and stone, except the fact that Legend is a raging troll whom I've never ONCE seen pass up an opportunity to chime in in any thread reporting even remotely bad Wii news or start threads about bad Wii news just to get a rise out of the people on the Nintendo board.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Isnt this game only out in Japan atm? Everyone knows that there has been a mssive redution in hardcore gamers there in the past few years; he cant really make a judgement about it until the game has been released in other regions.