By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "Third Party Wii Games Aren't Selling" - No More Heroes developer

"Whilst the sales weren't as high as I hoped, other titles for Wii aren't selling so well either. Only Nintendo titles are doing well. This isn't just because of the current situation in Japan, as this is happening outside Japan... Actually I was very surprised about the reality about Wii, because before I was making this game, I wasn't expecting that Wii would be a console targeted only for non-gamers. I expected more games for hardcore gamers. The reality is different to what I expected. "

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=179648

Do you guys agree or disagree?

How many copies does a typical game have to sell to be successful?

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

I agree this is like... the third thread on this topic. But that's about it. As has been noted in probably both of the other threads is that Suda games don't sell. Never have, hopefully No More Hereoes will in the US and UN.

i wish you people stop making this thread its getting annoying

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Microsoft should give this guy a real budget and see what he can do on the 360.

This is untrue. I bought a copy of Ninja Bread Man. I'm sure they are making a lot of dough on that game.

Around the Network

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=No+More+Heroes+-+Wii&reg2=Japan&game2=Killer+7+-+PS2&reg3=Japan&game3=&weeks=100
don't know what he's complaining about...
I couldn't find GC figures for killer7 but I'm pretty sure they were lower as well

if you can read this..... give me my account back dammit!!!!

Legend11 said:
Microsoft should give this guy a real budget and see what he can do on the 360.

A game about assassains with stylized graphics that put off a lot but others like with a quirky sense of humor?

no tey should of released the game with blood in all regions. Not just US (whenever it eventually does come out).

People geenrally stay away form games that have been purposely changed to be less then something another region gets.

I think it is true that the Wii is dominated by Nintendo and crappy party games and third-party developers with high quality games are not (yet?) existing or successful with their endeavors. (Exceptions prove the rule)

But in this case I don't know. Personally I hate the art style of this game. It is weird it is ugly (to me). More developers should learn from Assassin's that it pays off to create a world people can relate to. Not some weird psychedelic settings that give them artistic freedom.

Well pointed out Omgwtfbbq. Maybe he should just strike Wii and say "third party games aren't selling"

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS