By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "Third Party Wii Games Aren't Selling" - No More Heroes developer

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Well pointed out Omgwtfbbq. Maybe he should just strike Wii and say "third party games aren't selling"

Or to be more accurate: "my games aren't selling".

if you can read this..... give me my account back dammit!!!!

Around the Network

I read that article and that title is a total strecth.

He's just surprised that Nintendo uses new ways to appeal to consumers. Especially because Nintendo found a new source or interested clients.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Hi, I am new !

I think NMH look very cool and I will buy it when it releases.

Stillwell said:
Hi, I am new !

Conspiracy Entertainment eh? 

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

it is a shame that these games dont sell - especially as this is probably the third party game that has the biggest amount of effort thats gone into it as it was announced prettry much at the launch of the Wii.

Still think this argument will die out sometime this year as the Wii's userbase gets larger and Brawl attracts hardcore gamers to it - things will change.

Around the Network

SUDA on IGN:

IGN: Why did you choose the Wii for Heroes?

Suda: People will probably buy the Wii and play family games like Wii Sports, so we decided to develop Heroes for the Wii because gamers might get tired of the family games eventually. Also, people who are going to buy the Wii are interested in trying something different, something that's an extraordinary action game.

IGN: Killer 7 was on the GC, and Heroes is on the Wii, is Suda51 a big fan of Nintendo and its mission statement to make games that are accessible to everyone?

Suda: In the development environment, the Wii is very easy to develop games for because Nintendo supports developers quite a lot. I'm happy to make games for Nintendo because I'm a big fan of the company.

IGN: Are you afraid that games are getting too expensive to develop?

Suda: Well, Grasshopper isn't a big company, we're really small, and to develop new games and projects, the Wii is the best platform for us right now. The budget for developing a Wii game very reasonable for developers who are doing new projects. On other platforms it can be very expensive to make games. If we made games for the PS3 or 360, it'd require a huge budget.

Seems like he knew exactly what he was getting into. Some other interesting comments.

i dont know....Capcom is making a killing right now on the will, as well as EA, and then some game company with a guitar game....ohh who was that again

salaminizer said:
Stillwell said:
Hi, I am new !

Conspiracy Entertainment eh? 

Yes, you like? I got from friend on forum. They make many fun games. Best on Wii.

what a lie

No, not you too, Suda-kun. :(

Sadly, I don't think Suda51 games sell because they're bad. They don't sell because they're the gaming equivalent of an art-house film. They wouldn't find any more of an audience on the PS3 or 360.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom