By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Missouri Republican: 'Legitimate rape' rarely causes pregnancy

wfz said:
Mr Khan said:

Can it prevent/offset ovulation? That's the question here.

Yes, it can. I stated that in my second post in this thread. There are many factors that can prevent or delay ovulation. That won't stop pregnancy if she's already ovulated, however...

A fertile on/off button would be fantastic for males and females to have. We've clearly failed so far in our evolution.

Right, i saw your post, but like you said, it won't make a difference depending on exactly when the rape occurs.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

How can rape be "legitimate"? i thought rape was just rape?
This guy like the BNP's Nick (Nazi) Griffin who says "rape doesn't exist, as the women want it"
That's basically what he saying!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

forest-spirit said:
I don't think he understands how the female body really works...
A Pregnancy On/Off button would be cool though.

Just like a guy switch.  I wish I could have on/off switch for jizz.  The only real way though is to have sex with an infertile or pregnant lady.  You don't have to worry about your baby makers then.

Mr Khan said:
Kasz216 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
MrBubbles said:
"but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.”

i agree with this position, in theory...but i really cant argue for it. the rape itself would be a great trauma for them to deal with, so i dont know how many women could deal with carrying the child even if its just going to be put up for adoption.

It's the way he is saying it. I would never refer to a fetus as a child, just like I wouldn't with a newly fertilized egg.

If only there was a way of measuring when they become self-conscious. In my opinion that's when abortion should not be acceptable anymore.

Define self consious.

If it's Brainwaves, it's about 4-6 weeks before our current cutoff rate.

actual awarness of self above that of an animal level?  That's not until like 2 years old.

That reminds me of the joke in Venture Bros, where Number 21 coming back from the grave revealed that children don't get souls until age 4

Yeah, that's probably where that joke came from.  Oh why must cartoon network pay their creators to make other shows that are less good then their original shows? 

Legend11 said:
If you're going to take a stand on something you should always imagine you or a loved one in a particular situation that the stand is about.

In this case imagine that your mother or sister or daughter was raped. Would you be OK with them being forced to carry the child to term against their will by the government because of the moral or religious views of others?

Does this politician and others that share his views for example have more of a right to decide if your loved ones' pregnancy should continue even at the very beginning of pregnancy than your loved one does?

He believes that he has more of a right than your loved one in making the decision even though he doesn't have to take into consideration or even deal with the emotional and physical trauma of such a pregnancy.

Now that's a totally unfair position on his views.

This sentor believes (likely) that at conception, that life is a human life, because if not aborted it will grow into a baby and a human.  So therefore that child is a human.

So he IS thinking it from the view of the loved on in particular.  The baby.

I don't agree with him, but at the very least it's worth understanding where he is coming from.  He said something stupid enough that his argument doesn't need to be strawmaned to hell.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
Kasz216 said:

Define self consious.

If it's Brainwaves, it's about 4-6 weeks before our current cutoff rate.

actual awarness of self above that of an animal level?  That's not until like 2 years old.

That reminds me of the joke in Venture Bros, where Number 21 coming back from the grave revealed that children don't get souls until age 4

Yeah, that's probably where that joke came from.  Oh why must cartoon network pay their creators to make other shows that are less good then their original shows? 

Venture Bros is one of their better ones, at the risk of derailing the thread. One of the best that Adult Swim's gotten, along with the earlier seasons of ATHF, the Boondocks as a whole, Sealab, Frisky Dingo, and the first two seasons of Dethklok Metalocalypse.

CN's problem is the problem of the "moneymen," a group i've demonized before for ideological reasons, but in this case there is more objective proof that purely business-minded people are bad for businesses if their hearts aren't in it. All of CN's and Adult Swim's pushes for live-action content came from new executive leadership who didn't really like cartoons (and hated anime), and who likely ended up at cartoon network just as a stop on the corporate ladder. You heart needs to really be in it, especially with something like a TV network.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Also, it's worth noting, this guy is even getting wildly criticized by the right wing.

And... he's gone.

(Insert pulling out joke here.)

badgenome said:

And... he's gone.

(Insert pulling out joke here.)

You knew he would be after how fast republicans turned on him.

I mean, even when someone says something COMPLETELY out there, usually their own party will offer up some support... at least with the "yeah he said something stupid but this is being WAY overplayed."

The GOP was just like "No GTFO."

Kasz216 said:

You knew he would be after how fast republicans turned on him.

I mean, even when someone says something COMPLETELY out there, usually their own party will offer up some support... at least with the "yeah he said something stupid but this is being WAY overplayed."

The GOP was just like "No GTFO."

Hopefully they'll tell him to GTFO the House Science Committee.