By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story Thread

Tagged games:

Also 68,000 sales in USA alone week 1. Given that XenoBlade sold 141,000, and released on its release date, that's actually pretty good for The Last Story. North America sales are probably closer to 79k, I think it sold 82 globally.

I just want to mention I think week 2 sales will be stronger then XenoBlade. I know most people in the USA got their hands on the game Thursday, but not everyone waited by the phone to know the game was in and picked it up right away like me. So I bet you a lot of pre-orders and day 1 buyers got the game sunday or later. In Canada the game was only available on Saturday, and it only came into my EB Games at 3:30pm....so, I know Canada is only 10% as big as USA, but I bet you week 2 sales here will be as strong, if not stronger then week...erm, day 1 sales.

The Last Story opened about half as strong as XenoBlade, but I think lifetime sales will be a bit over 50% of XenoBlades in Americas. I think Last Story could get 200,000 sales here, which will hopefully be enough for XSeed to localize Pandora's Tower.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Still not shipped. Gah!

i got the game and i'll start play it tomorrow. i can't wait and i think i'll like this game more than xenoblade eventhough i gave xenoblade 10 out of 10

So Mirania's basically jungle girl?

Cool

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I just got to the boat. I like it better than Xenoblade Chronicles. The characters are much more interesting in my opinion as is the story. I enjoyed my time in the city and some scenes were really wonderful.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network
pots555 said:
I just got to the boat. I like it better than Xenoblade Chronicles. The characters are much more interesting in my opinion as is the story. I enjoyed my time in the city and some scenes were really wonderful.

We'll see if you still believe that when you get back to the city

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I just got it in the post. I got the limited edition UK one still sealed... but right now I am hooked on harvest moon the tree of tranquility

Conegamer said:
pots555 said:

We'll see if you still believe that when you get back to the city

I'm on Chapter 37, so I got back to the city a while back and left again, and I have to say that the characters and plot have only gotten more interesting. I didn't like the game much at first, thought the story was dull, bland and predictable, and while it's still very predictable, at least it's a well told and polished story.

The gameplay is also excellent, I'm not sure which game is funner to play, XenoBlade or The Last Story. XenoBlade is a better game overall, but for the 25 hour (I'm already at 20 hours and still have a bit to go) duration of Last Story, with no grinding required, I did like it better.

I hear the ending of this game is excellent, and I can't wait. XenoBlade's ending was a bit of a disappointment (but the events leading to it were excellent).

It's a real shock that NOA didn't localize this game, especially after all their ranks on improving third party support. I don't know why Mistwalker continues to support Nintendo after ASH didn't localize and XSeed did this game.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Boutros said:
Still not shipped. Gah!

I'll be finished the game before you even start yours LOL

Michael-5 said:
Boutros said:
Still not shipped. Gah!

I'll be finished the game before you even start yours LOL

-.- I think I should receive it today though!