By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Mario need to be so kiddy?

Tagged games:

Does this makes sense?

It's true. 42 36.52%

It's not so true. 71 61.74%

Total:113

Happy D
"Little Big Planet is cooler than Mario"
thats a matter of opinion, i find LBPs art dull and not interesting at all

i understand what you want to say, but i dont get why, im an adult and i enjoy "kiddy" games, they dont make me feel alienated at all....maybe its you ....:P

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

/endthread

DieAppleDie said:
Happy D
"Little Big Planet is cooler than Mario"
thats a matter of opinion, i find LBPs art dull and not interesting at all

i understand what you want to say, but i dont get why, im an adult and i enjoy "kiddy" games, they dont make me feel alienated at all....maybe its you ....:P

It's possible :D, I won't say the contrary. But I've found alot of people to think like I do, so maybe it isn't, maybe it's you tho? :P

I have a ton of issues with Mario... being kiddy is not one of them.

The story in Mario Sunshine was decent, the animations in the latest Mario games are charming and a delight to look at.

Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door are the most childish and immature Mario games ever. They are good, really good. The humor, the characters, everything fits perfectly into the universe.

morenoingrato said:

The story in Mario Sunshine was decent, the animations in the latest Mario games are charming and a delight to look at.

Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door are the most childish and immature Mario games ever. They are good, really good. The humor, the characters, everything fits perfectly into the universe.

How do you think they fair with games like Journey or Shadow of the COlossus, or even Disney movies like Aladdin or the Lion King?

In a multi-billion dollar industry, and as the icon of the most frugal company within, do you think that difference, if any, is acceptable?

Around the Network

who ever says expand on the stories pleas just stop! i don't want endless videos or endless text to read in my games. i want to play not read a book or watch a movie!

as for Mario being kiddy that just something stupid PR from competitors that started it (or so I've read) and the fans picked that up and started using it against Nintendo and their fans

for me honestly I don't mind how Mario games look right now but I would if they suddenly made it realistic and added guns you because we don't have enough of that already

only cool duded play mature games

God I love Disneys Tarzan!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

happydolphin said:
morenoingrato said:

How do you think they fair with games like Journey or Shadow of the COlossus, or even Disney movies like Aladdin or the Lion King?

In a multi-billion dollar industry, and as the icon of the most frugal company within, do you think that difference, if any, is acceptable?

Why would you even compare them with SotC or Journey? They are totally different experiences that should not be compared.

TTYD is a lighthearted, charming story, it has it's radical twists and a very engaging narrative, characters don't need to have a dark background to be interesting. The characters and story in TTYD are excellent, they are not very mature, but they have a very distinctive charm to them, a charm that will make you follow their story with a strong passion. Just think about Vivian's relationship with her sisters, Bobery's backstory, Koops becoming a more mature turtle, Ms. Mowz mysterious personality and Tec's development as a machine who loves and feels.

In Mario RPG, characters are also very funny and interesting, Geno has a very great design and an amazing determination, Mallow has the greatest development of them all. And as simple as the story is, it's really fun to follow.

There is a reason why final fantasy bores me.

Colors should never be a reason why a game is kiddy unless you want all generic looking games.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

HaPPY D
its you who feels alienated playing those games though...

ninetailschris said:
There is a reason why final fantasy bores me.

Colors should never be a reason why a game is kiddy unless you want all generic looking games.

I didn't say generic, I just said more relatable. Like Tarzan, the disney movie, does it lack colors? Or Aladin?

Heck, do Final Fantasy VIII or X lack colors? No, yet they are very intricately detailed.

It doesn't take to get rid of the color, it just takes to adjust it properly to suit more audiences, kids _and_ adults alike, not just kids, not just adults.