By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My new relationship is a bit weird!

Gilmour said:

Also she does not want other people to know we hang out with each other.

Could be a) She doesn't want people to know she hooked up with someone else so fast (makes girls feel slutty or needy) or b) She needs you as a rebound and doesn't want people to know she has a rebound because it makes her feel needy and/or slutty.

She doesnt want me to say "I love you".

How long have you been seeing each other? You're not even dating yet, she might like you a lot, but wants to take it slow. When you say "I love you" too soon, the words hold little weight down the road.

She told me she wants to have sex soon, but she told me that she want to live our relationship smoothly and at slow pace.

That's perfect, it means she is actually trying to make something out of you two.

I want it to be official!  I love that girl!  Sometime I just feel like a friend with benifit, to replace her ex!  It makes me so sad to even think she could do that!

She probably wants you to cool down, so she can feel like you're serious about a relationship, and that she isn't just the flavour of the month. Lots of guys become interested in a girl for short periods of time and blow her off after they get laid. She just doesn't want to get hurt again. If you were just a rebound, you would have had sex by now, so be glad (???) that you aren't a rebound.

When I'm with her, we kiss and stuff!  We rarely kiss when her family is around.  She doesn't hold my hand in public.

Duh!

GIRLS ARE SO COMLPICATED!!!

No they are not, they just think really differently from the way guys do.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Gilmour said:

Could be a) She doesn't want people to know she hooked up with someone else so fast (makes girls feel slutty or needy) or b) She needs you as a rebound and doesn't want people to know she has a rebound because it makes her feel needy and/or slutty.

How long have you been seeing each other? You're not even dating yet, she might like you a lot, but wants to take it slow. When you say "I love you" too soon, the words hold little weight down the road.

She told me she wants to have sex soon, but she told me that she want to live our relationship smoothly and at slow pace.

That's perfect, it means she is actually trying to make something out of you two.

I want it to be official!  I love that girl!  Sometime I just feel like a friend with benifit, to replace her ex!  It makes me so sad to even think she could do that!

She probably wants you to cool down, so she can feel like you're serious about a relationship, and that she isn't just the flavour of the month. Lots of guys become interested in a girl for short periods of time and blow her off after they get laid. She just doesn't want to get hurt again. If you were just a rebound, you would have had sex by now, so be glad (???) that you aren't a rebound.

When I'm with her, we kiss and stuff!  We rarely kiss when her family is around.  She doesn't hold my hand in public.

Duh!

thanks for the analysis ;)

Gilmour said:
Michael-5 said:
Gilmour said:

Duh!

Been in a relationship for 3.5 years, and I had a shorter one before, but I realized the girl was not for me and did the breaking up. I may be wrong, but typically when girls hold off, it's usually a good sign, and if you're patient, but show eagerness....it all pays off.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Gilmour said:
Michael-5 said:
Gilmour said:

Duh!

Been in a relationship for 3.5 years, and I had a shorter one before, but I realized the girl was not for me and did the breaking up. I may be wrong, but typically when girls hold off, it's usually a good sign, and if you're patient, but show eagerness....it all pays off.

That exacly how I behave.  I show her that I love her and that I have feelings for her, but I respect the fact that she wants to take it slowly.  She has more sexual experience than me though!  It's a bit weird xD

It looks like she's looking for a hump n dump, if you're a freak in the sack you got yourself a monogamous relationship on your hands, friend :)

Around the Network
Gilmour said:

She has more sexual experience than me though!  It's a bit weird xD

It was the same way with my first/current/only partner, I was a virgin and she wasn't. I was open with her about it though, and she was very understanding. At least she'll be able to show you guide you through it.

I have no advice to give on the topic of relationships. I am glad for you and maybe jealous?

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Proceed with caution and don't get too clingy. She doesn't want you to say "I love you"? Then demonstrate your affection thru your actions. Actions speak louder than words, was it?

I'd tread cautiously. It's perfectly possible that she does like you but just wants to take things slow because she's just out of a relationship. It's also possible that you're her rebound and getting too emotionally invested will cost you in the long run.

How long have you known her? I've known plenty of girls who hate the idea of being single so much that they'll jump straight from one relationship into another, just because they know a guy likes them. In which case, you could just be her "holding" relationship until she finds someone else. This is probably a worst case scenario, but if you've known her for a while you should know if she's this way inclined.

It sounds horrible but even nice girls can do terrible things. I remember my first girlfriend effectively used me as a proverbial stepping stone to get to one of my best friends. I remember laughing when he dumped her a month into the relationship. Ten years later and they're now in a full on (second attempt) long-term relationship and we're all friends still... it's weird how things work out.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, but proceed slowly, go out and enjoy yourselves and the relationship but just be wary. If she's truly interested then she should start to show more signs of opening up and being happier with displaying affection.

The only way for you to get her is exactly the opposite of what you're showing her that you NEED her.
Give your second choice some equal attention and see how she response.
She'll jump right in as soon as she feels threatened by competition.