By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My new relationship is a bit weird!

Cub said:
This sounds like a rebound. Rebound isn't fun.

This ^.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
"Also she does not want other people to know we hang out with each other."

Red flag.

Bingo. I'd let her down gently...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Gilmour said:

She told me that she had not said "I love you" to her ex for about 2 months into their relationship (which lasted 6 months).  I must say that her parents know about me, and they know a bit about our relationship.  She talked about me to some of her close friends.  But she doesn't seem ready to make it official even though she told me she want to have sex soon...  I'm not sure if you can call me a rebound guy, but I'd hate that!

She seems to be the type that needs more time. You're not in a rush, be very very patient. In time, she'll either turn to you, or you'll find something more mutual with someone else (assuming she still hesitates by then).

My experience personally is: you don't find someone you really love very often. So my word of advice is, be patient, and enjoy your time with her. Whether y ou end up together or not is not what matters in the end. What matters is that you're fulfilled. And you can be fulfilled with or without her, that is a fact.

My advice, emotionally detach but stay with her and don't get emotionally attached again until you're sure you're in a legit relationship. I however don't know if you are capable of emotionally detaching, but if you can, it will reduce your pain greatly if this turns out to be a rebound relationship.

curl-6 said:
Gilmour said:

She has more sexual experience than me though!  It's a bit weird xD

It was the same way with my first/current/only partner, I was a virgin and she wasn't. I was open with her about it though, and she was very understanding. At least she'll be able to show you guide you through it.

I was a virgin with my exfiance and she was experienced... She helped me a bit and even says the sex was good and she even speaks fondly of our first time. It was not awkward at all because she knew i was a virgin...

Around the Network

How long you known her? Not that long it sounds, you can't love her. That's just a desperation thing thinking you do or feeling you do.

Of course I could be wrong, an intimate connection at first sight does happen and things can progress fast emotionally but that can't be the case here from what you have said.

Also, she sounds like a childish fool and is enjoying being the one in control....All par for the course unfortunately in relationships with most women under the age of 25 at the beginning.

Oh yeah one more thing, they aren't "complicated", they are actually very simple - it's your feelings that are making this feel complicated. The reason you have feelings like you do is down to how she is not treating you right by being CLEAR and COMMUNICATING CLEARLY. If she was clear, you would know where you stand and stupid crap like being able to tell her "I love you" wouldn't be an issue for you or make you sad.

You just want clarity son. :)

This is the problem with young women who aren't sure what they want, be fucking careful and don't chase too much for what you want. Let things roll along at their own pace - do what YOU want.

It's approximately 100,000,000 times easier to say than do when you are lead by your emotions - but believe me - being lead by your emotions is a dangerous thing and a very big gamble unless it's with someone of substance and a known quantity. This is clearly not the case so whatever you do, don't go "all in". Unless you want that heartbroken feeling for the next 6-18 months when it goes wrong.

Not worth it, for yourself.

You can't tell her 'I love you' yet she already wants to have sex.

Okay...

NintendoPie said:

Okay...

When you have sex and telling someone you love them has absolutely nothing to do with one another. You're 13, you'll learn :) If you really are 13 anyways.

AbbathTheGrim said:
People come here and shatter your feelings for her as if they were nothing telling you not too have hopes, not to aspire for something serious with her. If you really love her, if you really want her, before it is too late, tie her and keep her in your basement. After the second child she will understand.

Yup! That is the way to have a perfect relationship.

fillet said:
NintendoPie said:

Okay...

When you have sex and telling someone you love them has absolutely nothing to do with one another. You're 13, you'll learn :) If you really are 13 anyways.

Your first sentence doesn't really make much sense. But I'll take a stab at it.

Loving someone, truly loving someone, is way more important than being a sex toy. I hope everyone would know that.