By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:

I just don't understand why we have to exclude the rest of the world?

Because she is a country star. It's unfair to compare world wide sales. Do you think in the middle east and in Europe they like American country music? x_x

Doesn't really matter since you're comparing Taylor to Gaga. Had you been talking about another country star, then ok - I'd understand.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

it's a ok song.

This girl do have some talent unlike most artists that make it "big" today with all that auto-tune

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
DanneSandin said:

Proof: http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/03/31/taylor-swift-20-million-albums/ <--- with picture!!!

I rest my case.

Taylor Swift - 5,175,000

Sparks Fly - 6,514,000

Total - 11.7 million

------

The Fame - 4,400,000 

Born This Way - 2,200,000

Total - 6.8 million

Taylor leads by a large margin in the US, and that's just the first 2 albums. Taylor's 3rd album sold almost 5 million here.

WHAT'S YOUR POINT?! That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what we were talking about.

You're trying to give advantage to a world wide genre "Gaga" to a United States Genre "Swift". I'm just turning the tables.

THE FAME was a dance/electronic album.... they don't sell much

THE FAME MONSTER was a dance/electronic album.... they don't sell much

BORN THIS WAY was a rock/pop/techno/dance/electronic album... they don't sell much

Taylor swift does country, country music sells in the U.S.. dance music doesn't sell too much.... at least albums don't...

Nothing but the beat by david guetta, sold less than 500k in the U.S.... despite having control of radio for the last year

mM
NintendoPie said:
leo-j said:
Born This way has sold nearly 2.3 million, and the fame topped 4.5 million... anyhow....

look at it this way...
in the U.S..
poker face and just dance are 6x platinum
Bad Romance is 5x platinum
Born This Way, Papparazzi, and Telephone are 3x platinum
Love game, Alejandro, Edge of Glory, You and I, are 2x platinum
and Judas is platinum....

gaga has sold many more records than taylor in the U.S... but Taylor has sold more albums in the U.S, it's known that country albums sell more than dance albums, simply because country fans buy more albums.. than those who enjoy electronic music..

It seems like Lady GaGa's recent songs have gone down in popularity/quality! (The bolded one's.)

I wonder why that is...

I feel like Born This Way wasn't as good as The Fame, so I'm glad she's going back to her old sound. However, every single off her previous album did well except for Marry The Night and Judas.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:
Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:

Oh I know full well, I just found proof that she didn't sell 50million albums. Perhaps she'll manage in 10 years - who knows =)

But between you and me Ps3; she's so god damn cute I'd eat her up! Can't witch the channel if I see her :P

She's a country star. Her main focus is to sell in her own country. ;) World Wide sales don't even matter.

But why, oh why, do you cut out the rest of the world?! why don't it matter? because only USA gives a damn about country? You gotta look at the whole picture.

No, you don't, because that's unfair. If you focus on 1 single area you can get a better idea of things. That's even how random samples are done in Sociology.

Using that method I'd say that every Fifa game ever made most have bombed looking to the US sales... But hey! Take a look in Europe and you'll see another story completely

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
DanneSandin said:

Proof: http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/03/31/taylor-swift-20-million-albums/ <--- with picture!!!

I rest my case.

Taylor Swift - 5,175,000

Sparks Fly - 6,514,000

Total - 11.7 million

------

The Fame - 4,400,000 

Total - 6.8 million

Taylor leads by a large margin in the US, and that's just the first 2 albums. Taylor's 3rd album sold almost 5 million here.

WHAT'S YOUR POINT?! That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what we were talking about.

You're trying to give advantage to a world wide genre "Gaga" to a United States Genre "Swift". I'm just turning the tables.

THE FAME was a dance/electronic album.... they don't sell much

THE FAME MONSTER was a dance/electronic album.... they don't sell much

BORN THIS WAY was a rock/pop/techno/dance/electronic album... they don't sell much

Taylor swift does country, country music sells in the U.S.. dance music doesn't sell too much.... at least albums don't...

Nothing but the beat by david guetta, sold less than 500k in the U.S.... despite having control of radio for the last year

David Guetta is different though. It's a beats album with featured artists. It reminded mf of Timbaland's Shock Value.. Complete radio control, but no sales.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

DanneSandin said:
Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:
Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:

Oh I know full well, I just found proof that she didn't sell 50million albums. Perhaps she'll manage in 10 years - who knows =)

But between you and me Ps3; she's so god damn cute I'd eat her up! Can't witch the channel if I see her :P

She's a country star. Her main focus is to sell in her own country. ;) World Wide sales don't even matter.

But why, oh why, do you cut out the rest of the world?! why don't it matter? because only USA gives a damn about country? You gotta look at the whole picture.

No, you don't, because that's unfair. If you focus on 1 single area you can get a better idea of things. That's even how random samples are done in Sociology.

Using that method I'd say that every Fifa game ever made most have bombed looking to the US sales... But hey! Take a look in Europe and you'll see another story completely

Why not? You can do that. Soccer is irrelevant and is a woman's sport in the US. So, it's unfair to include US sales in that equation.

Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
DanneSandin said:

I rest my case.

Taylor Swift - 5,175,000

Sparks Fly - 6,514,000

Total - 11.7 million

------

The Fame - 4,400,000 

Total - 6.8 million

What the hell are you talking about?! All I said was that Taylor has only sold 20 million albums when you said she sold 52 million...I don't care whether lady gaga or Taylor swift have sold more or less than eachother worldwide or in the us, so stop quoting me saying random shit that has nothing to do with anything that I said.

man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
DanneSandin said:

I rest my case.

Taylor Swift - 5,175,000

Sparks Fly - 6,514,000

Total - 11.7 million

------

The Fame - 4,400,000 

Total - 6.8 million

What the hell are you talking about?! All I said was that Taylor has only sold 20 million albums when you said she sold 52 million...I don't care whether lady gaga or Taylor swift have sold more or less than eachother worldwide or in the us, so stop quoting me saying random shit that has nothing to do with anything that I said.

You're still trying to beat this argument into your direction. You obviously have a sexist bias against Taylor, first comparing her love life, and now to that of other artists.

Ps3 said:

Why not? You can do that. Soccer is irrelevant and is a woman's sport in the US. So, it's unfair to include US sales in that equation.

Who's being a sexist now?