By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamescom Highlight! DMC

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
voty2000 said:
 Can't wait for the new DMC.

Me too, hopefully Platinum games will make it.

Get over it.  Your judging a game before you even play it so your opinion is meaningless to me.

Around the Network

I prefer new Virgil's design but I still prefer old Dante.

I'm just a little worried the combat won't be up to the task. I've seen some combat footage and it looks about as complex as the first God of War game.

New Vergil looks super generic.

voty2000 said:

Whoa chill out the game looks great to most people in the thread...Leave lol!!!

voty2000 said:

Enough is enough, I told you to stop trolling this thread. So would not listen lets hope the mods will do something against it.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
voty2000 said:

Enough is enough, I told you to stop trolling this thread. So would not listen lets hope the mods will do something against it.

Andrew, what are you doing my friend? Why so defensive and accuse people of trolling? This is a discussion board.

It's appropriate to discuss DMC as a series in a thread about a new DMC coming out (and a controversial one at that).

DigitalDevilSummoner seems to be a huge fan of the series. I think it's perfectly legit for him to express his criticism and disappointments (and it's legit for outsiders like me to express our feelings too, even if negative, as long as it's within reasonable limits). And from his bitterness a very interesting, albeit short, conversation between him and Khuutra was born.

Do you know how many times people on this forum have bashed Oblivion and ridiculed Bethesda over the years? As a fanatic lover of Oblivion I still wouldn't dream of trying to shut their mouths.

Slimebeast said:
AndrewWK said:
voty2000 said:

Andrew, what are you doing my friend? Why so defensive and accuse people of trolling? This is a discussion board.

It's appropriate to discuss DMC as a series in a thread about a new DMC coming out (and a controversial one at that).

DigitalDevilSummoner seems to be a huge fan of the series. I think it's perfectly legit for him to express his criticism and disappointments (and it's legit for outsiders like me to express our feelings too, even if negative, as long as it's within reasonable limits). And from his bitterness a very interesting, albeit short, conversation between him and Khuutra was born.

Do you know how many times people on this forum have bashed Oblivion and ridiculed Bethesda over the years? As a fanatic lover of Oblivion I still wouldn't dream of trying to shut their mouths.

I know but the last time I did somthing similar I got banned. 

Bashing a game even before it is released, is just dumb. And he is saying things like it is a GoW clone and an emo character which is just wrong and in my opinion this is trolling. Wherever I read a preview of this game everybody said it is a monster for franchise fans, it has the old charme with new characters and a new story. If he says the game has his flaws after he plays it, and explains what bothered him the I am totally fine with this. Not everybody can love it. But already claiming it is a GoW knock off without even 5 minutes in the game is trolling. And accusing people they are against a "real" DMC sequel if they buy this one. How would call this? 

AndrewWK said:
Slimebeast said:
AndrewWK said:
voty2000 said:

I know but the last time I did somthing similar I got banned. 

Bashing a game even before it is released, is just dumb. And he is saying things like it is a GoW clone and an emo character which is just wrong and in my opinion this is trolling. Wherever I read a preview of this game everybody said it is a monster for franchise fans, it has the old charme with new characters and a new story. If he says the game has his flaws after he plays it, and explains what bothered him the I am totally fine with this. Not everybody can love it. But already claiming it is a GoW knock off without even 5 minutes in the game is trolling. And accusing people they are against a "real" DMC sequel if they buy this one. How would call this? 

Perhaps you shouldn't have been banned.

About criticising games before they are released; now there are some problems with that, but I think we must be allowed to do it because the pre-release phase of a new games is so long, and filled with information that gamers will want to digest and analyze.

Often the time window to discuss a game after it is released is very short before interest simply dies down, typically only a few weeks, which I think is frustrating. You made a thread about Dragon Age 2 recently with big success, but that's not very common for a +1 year old game, and I think part of the reason why people participated in it so much was because that particular game was met with such mixed feelings.

These days the hype phase from announcement to release is so long that people simply must vent their excitements and worries.

AndrewWK said:
Slimebeast said:

I can't see anything spectacular in that trailer. All I see is two emo guys arguing inside a dark hall.

I wonder, is this considered as trolling? 

Its considered to have some truth behind it? One does not become a troll for disagreeing with you.

To be honest, I don't see anything here that shows it will be better than the masterpiece that was DMC3. But it seems that you do.... I'd like to be surprised though.

We saw more cinematics than gameplay here. DMC was never really about story, but heavily emphasized on fantastic gameplay. This trailer isn't what the franchise is about...which is gameplay. More of that would be awesome.

I'm not saying having a decent story is a bad thing, just that its weird to see the franchise's focus change the way it did. But afterall, its a new developer and a franchise reboot, so I suppose it was coming.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
AndrewWK said:
Slimebeast said:

I can't see anything spectacular in that trailer. All I see is two emo guys arguing inside a dark hall.

I wonder, is this considered as trolling? 

Its considered to have some truth behind it? One does not become a troll for disagreeing with you.

To be honest, I don't see anything here that shows it will be better than the masterpiece that was DMC3. But it seems that you do.... I'd like to be surprised though.

We saw more cinematics than gameplay here. DMC was never really about story, but heavily emphasized on fantastic gameplay. This trailer isn't what the franchise is about...which is gameplay. More of that would be awesome.

I'm not saying having a decent story is a bad thing, just that its weird to see the franchise's focus change the way it did. But afterall, its a new developer and a franchise reboot, so I suppose it was coming.

It does not look like they have changed that much of the gameplay. And the DMC story was always what bugged me with DMC I am a huge fan since 2002 and have played all of them. And two of them where fantastic while one sucked and one was decent at best (Nero sucked). And new Dante is no Emo, thats why I asked if this was trolling. 

Just imagine a DMC with fantastic Gameplay mechanics and a great story. That would be another masterpiece and would surpass even the 3rd installment.