By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamescom Highlight! DMC

I guess not many here played Dmc before. Vergil looks so lame, Look at Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 then u know how the real Vergil looks like. I sense a flop big time when the game comes out.

Around the Network
Tbone said:
I guess not many here played Dmc before. Vergil looks so lame, Look at Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 then u know how the real Vergil looks like. I sense a flop big time when the game comes out.

Yeah, at first they said they were aiming to surpass the sales of DMC 4. Their recent prediction is an optimistic 2 mil.

I almost feel sorry for capcom, they really seem to be working hard on RE 6 and Dragons Dogma didn't do badly either. But this game with 3 years into development will strugle to do more than half a mil.

Most people that like this either didn't care much for DMC or just liked ninja theory's previous games.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Tbone said:

Yeah, at first they said they were aiming to surpass the sales of DMC 4. Their recent prediction is an optimistic 2 mil.

I almost feel sorry for capcom, they really seem to be working hard on RE 6 and Dragons Dogma didn't do badly either. But this game with 3 years into development will strugle to do more than half a mil.

Most people that like this either didn't care much for DMC or just liked ninja theory's previous games.

According to this they said Dmc4 sold to little and they want 5 million

http://www.play.tm/news/31931/capcom-dmc4-s-2-7m-sales-not-enough-wants-5-from-reboot/

yeah, even though DMC 4 was the best seller in the series, capcom wanted more. they probably had God of war's numbers in mind, which are pretty big comparing. so they decided to ditch their japanese action game but still use the name and claim some of that western action game pie

they started talking big and bold about DmC cause i suppose they thought that western action market would embrace them but ever since they have been doing damage control every time they talk. they lowered their expectations dramatically but still even 2 mil is not a real prediction, its PR crap to show they are behind the project. the game would be a success if it pulled anything above 1 mil

but for me it's not even about the game, capcom's attitude in this has been simply disgusting

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
yeah, even though DMC 4 was the best seller in the series, capcom wanted more. they probably had God of war's numbers in mind, which are pretty big comparing. so they decided to ditch their japanese action game but still use the name and claim some of that western action game pie

they started talking big and bold about DmC cause i suppose they thought that western action market would embrace them but ever since they have been doing damage control every time they talk. they lowered their expectations dramatically but still even 2 mil is not a real prediction, its PR crap to show they are behind the project. the game would be a success if it pulled anything above 1 mil

but for me it's not even the game, capcom's attitude in this has been simply disgusting

They said that is has nothing to do with original Dmc. Anyway they should have let Platinum games develop it instead of Ninja theory.

Around the Network

I have read an article where Crapcom said they want this to sell about 2millions across all platforms which is a realistic the 4th sold 2.7 and was not really good. If this one gets good scores I believe it can achieve the 2 million mark

Tbone said:

They said that is has nothing to do with original Dmc. Anyway they should have let Platinum games develop it instead of Ninja theory.

they have been going back and forth wether it is part of the original saga or a sequel or a prequel or a re-imagining or a spin off etc

all damage control after the backlash of a reception they  received

2 mil is the recent assessment, the first was above the 2.7 mil of DMC 4, as Tbone mentioned they wanted 5 mil, god of war sales

so they have already failed once.

DMC 4 had the advantage of being released early into this gaming generation and enjoyed the fame of DMC 3. DmC has none of that.