By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony GC conference: PS3+Vita Cross Buy, new MM IP + KillZone for Vita, 2 SCEJ new IPs, Vita as PS3 controller, PSOne classics on Vita and more

arcane_chaos said:
so did they announce those to SCEJ titles? when can we expect an announcement?

They already did, rain and puppeter

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
arcane_chaos said:
so did they announce those to SCEJ titles? when can we expect an announcement?

They already did, rain and puppeter

ah, thanks.

careful people! some things said in this thread could get you banned!

...if it was a nintendo thread

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

leatherhat said:
Kynes said:
leatherhat said:
I think you have to buy on psn for cross buy. So no buy and then trade in shenanigans.

If this is true, then they not only piss on third party companies, they also piss retailers taking sales from them.

There's nothing stopping third parties from doing this to. If they don't its their loss. 

If they do its their loss, as Sony don't have to pay themselves to develop games on PS3 or Vita, as they are the platform right holders. Tell to the third parties that they have to develop the same games on PS3 and Vita, and they have to give one of them free, and I'm sure they can't be happy with that.

Sony does this to try to make Vita a viable platform in the long term, they should be worried with its future if they do so. It's a bit of an uncompetitive behavior, but they seem to think that they need to do so. To me it's like if the first parties sold their games 10-15 US$ cheaper than the third party games.

Shouldn't the Q&A have started 15min ago?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Man the Q&A is taking a while

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

M.U.G.E.N said:
pezus said:
Chandler said:
CoD looks like ass. 3DS can do that kind of graphic.

AC:L looked really nice, but again too many touch controls. That's not why I bought a device with analogs and buttons. Same with Tear away.

Cross buy got me really excited for a moment but I'm not sure I need all those games on both devices. And it's only an incentive for PS3 owners so the appeal for new customers is limited.

PS+ on PS VITA I couldn't give a fuck. Sony just wants to sneak in a subscrition based service like MS has from the beginning. They just give you crazy incentives now and when most of the people bite they will make it baseline for their next console and dial back the incentives HARD.

On the topic of Wonderbook: Sure it looked really cool, especially that Detective Story, but remember, you will not really sit in front of a hologram with a huge ass magnifying glass. You will still look at the screen and make akward movements as you watch yourself on the screen, think like trying to cut your own hair in the mirror.

Rain and Puppeteer looked good and the Move stuff is just not for me, I already have one console for motion controls.

Lol, you'd just like to believe that, no? Sony have shown NO evidence whatsoever of dialling this back, they just keep adding more to it.

his whole post reeeeeeeeeeeeks of biased BS. I mean complaining about implimenting touch controls even...sigh

I have a PS3 and a PS VITA so I am entitled to have my own opinion. Don't like it? That makes my really sad. Except it doesn't. I never liked the rear touch pad and I will be vocal about it as much as I want to. Better deal with it now or it gets worse over time. I am not against touch controls but I don't like it when they go overboard with it. Tear away for example looked so awesome but the extensive touch controls made it look really similar to Escape Plan and I hate this game.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
pezus said:
Chandler said:
CoD looks like ass. 3DS can do that kind of graphic.

AC:L looked really nice, but again too many touch controls. That's not why I bought a device with analogs and buttons. Same with Tear away.

Cross buy got me really excited for a moment but I'm not sure I need all those games on both devices. And it's only an incentive for PS3 owners so the appeal for new customers is limited.

PS+ on PS VITA I couldn't give a fuck. Sony just wants to sneak in a subscrition based service like MS has from the beginning. They just give you crazy incentives now and when most of the people bite they will make it baseline for their next console and dial back the incentives HARD.

On the topic of Wonderbook: Sure it looked really cool, especially that Detective Story, but remember, you will not really sit in front of a hologram with a huge ass magnifying glass. You will still look at the screen and make akward movements as you watch yourself on the screen, think like trying to cut your own hair in the mirror.

Rain and Puppeteer looked good and the Move stuff is just not for me, I already have one console for motion controls.

Lol, you'd just like to believe that, no? Sony have shown NO evidence whatsoever of dialling this back, they just keep adding more to it.

his whole post reeeeeeeeeeeeks of biased BS. I mean complaining about implimenting touch controls even...sigh

I have a PS3 and a PS VITA so I am entitled to have my own opinion. Don't like it? That makes my really sad. Except it doesn't. I never liked the rear touch pad and I will be vocal about it as much as I want to. Better deal with it now or it gets worse over time. I am not against touch controls but I don't like it when they go overboard with it. Tear away for example looked so awesome but the extensive touch controls made it look really similar to Escape Plan and I hate this game.

it breaks my heart that you are upset about all this

not

here's a thought to ponder, you have an opinion...and my opinion is that your opinion is full of it. Opinions are fun things to have aren't they? And for the record I'm not gonna even bother with you and your rant on control options of a system. I know you...it's gonna be of no use.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

If someone says anything against tearaway their opinion is automatically invalid.

pezus said:
Kynes said:
leatherhat said:
I think you have to buy on psn for cross buy. So no buy and then trade in shenanigans.

If this is true, then they not only piss on third party companies, they also piss retailers taking sales from them.

Basically, they aren't allowed to make their games more appealing to the customer.

Pezus, I'm not saying that. I'm saying this can create long term problems to their relations with retailers and third parties. I'm sure Nintendo didn't thought the seal of quality could be a long term problem, and it was great for the consumers, but it created an animadversion between them and the third parties that still prevails.