By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever heard of Terranigma?

Tagged games:

It was a good game, although I still liked Soul Blazer much better. The fact that it's never released here in North America is probably part of why so few folks have ever heard of it.

Around the Network

I've heard of it and from what I've been told, it's one of the best RPGs of the 16-Bit era. I can't remember who it was that spoke so highly of it. I think it was Highwaystar101 but they made it seem even better than the almighty Chrono Trigger.

I hate to say that I've never played it but I'd like to. Maybe somebody will port it to the eShop or something.

One of the few SNES JRPGs that reached Spain, and it was translated into spanish. Only Illusion of Time and Secret of Evermore were also translated (if I remember correctly).

Played it for a while, got stuck and never finished it. It was pretty cool though

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

yeah and i really liked it! i liked illusion of time (illusion of gaia in usa) and secret of mana (top 5 in my most beloved games of all time) more but it was great!

Around the Network

Yes. I gotta admit, back when I used to pirate stuff, I pirated it, because Illusion of Gaia was one of my favorite games.

It was pretty good. I don't know what it was about the SNES, but i'd still hold the SNES up against any system when it comes to great RPGS.

Only thing that might cost it in my opinion is a lack of SRPGs. Or at least, ones that made it to the west anyway.

Good soundtrack.

You should also try the other 2 games in this great trilodjay.

Turkish said:
You should also try the other 2 games in this great trilodjay.

I played them as well but Terranigma is my favorite :)

Nintendo and PC gamer

Is it a shock that while I know of all 3 games, I never played them.

@Kasz

I completely agree. Was a great time for JRPGs, followed into the PS1 years too.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!