By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's find out whether PSASBR is a rip-off or not.

Fusioncode said:
Euphoria14 said:
maverick40 said:
Here is an excellent preview article that might shut a few people up.

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-beta--232725.phtml

Haha, you think that helps anything? We had a thread on that already and people just went ahead and tried to discredit it, yet when someone from Platinum (?),  who is working on P-100 and has never even touched PSASBR claimed the game was a rip-off they all defended it as if the guy actually knew what the hell he was talking about.

Yes, the game is an imitation, but it still tried to do some things differently to try and give it an identity of it's own. Devs do this all the time, but what is annoying is how all these gamers bitch, cry, moan and groan about it.

Seriously people, it's just a video game, lol. 

Off topic, but the dude who called it a ripoff, Keiji Inafune. He also created a Smash Bros style game years back.

I'm talking about Hideki Kamiya.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/08/05/hideki-kamiya-calls-playstation-all-stars-just-a-rip-off-doesnt-like-the-game-at-all/

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

CoD and BF are also not really comparable. One of them has heavy focus on vehicular combat, is way more strategic and has a much bigger scope than the other one, which is more of a fastfood like hop-in an pwn-some-noobs shooter. I let you figure out which on is which.

Brawl is point based just like PSABR is. Depending on the game mode you get points, lifes or coins when you knock your enemies out of the ring. I don't see the big difference to PSABR except for the fact that in one game you kick your enemies out of the ring and in the other you one shot kill your enemies with a special attack.

Of course there is demand for this sort of game on Sony consoles despite the fact that Nintendo games generally are looked down upon by the other consoles supporters. It's the same with LBP Karting. First step, ridicule Mario Kart. Second step, recreate Mario kart in LBP Karting. It's just hypocritical and saying that PSABR is not a rip-off is just as hypocritical. I don't have a problem with the game itself, I may even buy it to save my Vita from starvation, but it's a rip-off.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

What I find funny is that those who have played the game say they are different. Look at Destructoid. These tend to be ignored though due to some ridiculous conspiracy theory that everyone is out to get Nintendo.

Those who have not say the game is a total rip-off and plays exactly the same. Look at Hideki Kamiya.

I would rather trust the opinions of people who have actually played the game.

Some people just do not understand the difference between a clone and an game made out of inspiration. PSASBR is a game inspired by Smash and you know what, that's okay, because Smash is a great franchise.

By the way, when someone says "It's only difference is that one generates points by ring outs and the other requires you to build up your specials ranging from lvl 1 to 3 and a successful hit from one generates a point". Guess what, that makes it different.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Destructoid gets ignored because it's a piece of shit garbage site that always goes where the most controversy is because being the Armond White of video games is a massive cash generator. Also, those who are in the Beta have a certain interest in this game succeeding because they are most likely Sony fans if they have gone through the trouble of signing up for a beta. The average run of the mill joe schmoe does not participate in betas. It's the same with Kid Icarus and Gravity Rush, where both camps would SWEAR that those games are legitimate games of the forever and ever.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Turkish said:
Its a ripoff the same way CoD and BF is a ripoff from the first shooter: wolfenstein.

Dont matter though, since All Stars plays so much better than Brawl in the beta.

After wittnessing how many PRO SONY threads you created and what 99% of the stuff you say is about I will be sure to take your  PSASBR plays better than SSBB with at least a whole  universe of salt.

for me psasbr is a ripoff because of the already stated reasons   +  Whats the game without all the third party characters?  Nothing. 
I mean why would I want to play with Nathan Drake? He is an idiotic Lara Croft ripoff character that constantly says shit. Onky the characters of God of War or INFamous are quite cool the rest is.......

They "leak" information all the time not because of stupid employees  but becaue they know  ALOT OF (not ALL) of their fans hype the games all the time so they keep "leaking" stuff by purpose.

Does anyone remember Ehrgeiz?  this is how you get inspired by smash bros without making a ripoff

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
Turkish said:
Its a ripoff the same way CoD and BF is a ripoff from the first shooter: wolfenstein.

Dont matter though, since All Stars plays so much better than Brawl in the beta.

After witnessing how many PRO SONY threads you created and what 99% of the stuff you say is about I will be sure to take your  PSASBR plays better than SSBB with at least a whole  universe of salt.

At least write  /end of troll  after your sentences  because  newcomers to this site might think you really mean the stuff you say.

for me psasbr is a ripoff because of the already stated reasons   +  Whats the game without all the third party characters?  Nothing.  They "leak" information all the time not because of stupid employees  but becaue they know  ALOT OF (not ALL) of their fans hype the games all the time so they keep "leaking" stuff by purpose.

So whats the difference of him being pro sony and you being anti-?

the fans of both platforms agree its a rip off. the developper himself said it's a rip off so i still wonder why still discuss that.

by the way this doesn't effect the value of the game and the pleasure of gamers with it.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

iasta said:
the fans of both platforms agree its a rip off. the developper himself said it's a rip off so i still wonder why still discuss that.

by the way this doesn't effect the value of the game and the pleasure of gamers with it.

It is discussed because for some reason we have gamers who are offended by it.

Reminds me of back during the days of 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Currently playing:

Chandler said:

I also disagree with the statement that they completely changed the scoring system because they really didn't and funnily enough, keeping point based scoring goes against the very name the game carries. The basic idea of Battle Royale from ancient Rome is having more than 2 Gladiators fight each other until all but one are dead. So why are there respawns? Give everyone a healthbar and let them fight it out Last Man Standing style. If you go by the interpretion of the WWE, Smash Brothers is actually closer to a Battle Royale than PSABR itself because you score points by getting your enemies out of the ring. Like I said they didn't not completely change the scoring system, you are still accumulating points over a fixed time frame, just the means to obtain these points was slightly altered.

The problem with this kind of thread and the reason there's no point in pointing out where it defers heavily from brawl is that guys like you won't accept the deferences no matter how many times they're thrown at you. At the same time they reshow time and time again how they no next to jack shit about the the game they're crapping on.

There devs have stated in the past and not to long ago that the beta only has one of several game modes in the games. There will be modes with lives so you can have your bloody last man standing matches.

4 ≈ One

Chandler said:
Destructoid gets ignored because it's a piece of shit garbage site that always goes where the most controversy is because being the Armond White of video games is a massive cash generator. Also, those who are in the Beta have a certain interest in this game succeeding because they are most likely Sony fans if they have gone through the trouble of signing up for a beta. The average run of the mill joe schmoe does not participate in betas. It's the same with Kid Icarus and Gravity Rush, where both camps would SWEAR that those games are legitimate games of the forever and ever.

See what I mean? It's always some sort of conspiracy and you people always have some bogus excuse for why something that goes against your opinion does not count.

Destructoid also isn't only going after controversy, it is Jim Sterling not being a run of the mill joe schmoe reviewer who gives the same regurgitated opinion as everyone else in the media.

All this whining is why gamers are never taken seriously. One day Nintendo fans cry about IGN, then Gamespot, next stop we get Destructoid. Every site is nothing more than an entire group of journalists who have it out for Nintendo.

Of course this only lasts until the day Destructoid gives a Nintendo game a 9/10 or a 10/10, then all of a sudden all is forgiven, like when Skyward Sword was given a 9.5/10. Then when NSMB2 gets a 7/10 it's right back to "Destructoid hates Nintendo!"

Always the same thing. Been that way for years. Every fanbase does it, which is why it is embarassing.

Destructoid's opinion means much more than Hideki Kamiya who never even touched the damn game. Why don't you go shit all over Kamiya? Isn't he obviously just going for the controversial route to bring more attention to his WiiU title?

Currently playing: