By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ‘You’ve made your choice’: Man shares dad’s brutal letter disowning him for being gay

Pimp3k said:
ayer1x3 said:

So small percent of animals doing something = completely natural and ok in human society ? So i guess child murder and cannibalism are also ok and natural ?  The very fact that homosexual couples can't reproduce ( the main purpose and goal of sex ) should tell you something

The very fact that homosexual couples "can't" reproduce, and yet there are so many of them should tell you something as well.

I hope that you are aware that there is quite a vast number of straight cooples that can't reproduce either. There are several medical resons that trouble both genders in that task. So is that a "natures" way of saying that couple is a bad match?  Beside "can't" in that sentence is just a matter of perspective. Human race has come so far that you don't need to have sex to conceive a child. Our knowladge and understanding over the years expanded... In vitro fertilisation is widely and commonly used method of "reproduction".

Whats your point ? That since there's many of them, their sexuality is natural and normal ? And when straight couples can't reproduce its because there's something wrong with their health, not their sexuality . And you know very well what i mean by ''reproducing''

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
Pimp3k said:
ayer1x3 said:

So small percent of animals doing something = completely natural and ok in human society ? So i guess child murder and cannibalism are also ok and natural ?  The very fact that homosexual couples can't reproduce ( the main purpose and goal of sex ) should tell you something

The very fact that homosexual couples "can't" reproduce, and yet there are so many of them should tell you something as well.

I hope that you are aware that there is quite a vast number of straight cooples that can't reproduce either. There are several medical resons that trouble both genders in that task. So is that a "natures" way of saying that couple is a bad match?  Beside "can't" in that sentence is just a matter of perspective. Human race has come so far that you don't need to have sex to conceive a child. Our knowladge and understanding over the years expanded... In vitro fertilisation is widely and commonly used method of "reproduction".

Whats your point ? That since there's many of them, their sexuality is natural and normal ? And when straight couples can't reproduce its because there's something wrong with their health, not their sexuality . And you know very well what i mean by ''reproducing''

What's his point?  Are you seriously asking that?  is it really so hard to see his point just becuase it's a point you don't WANT to see?  That's....sad.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Player1x3 said:
Runa216 said:
The belief itself is still horribly flawed and illogical, regardless.  I've made it clear there are two main things I hate about religion: 

1 - the ignorant faith-based belief system based not on the slightest bit of logic, rationality, or science.  

2 - The people who use this belief system as a launching point for their hate or misinterpret it so they can be bigoted/violent. 

Pretty simple, really. 

1. Like atheism ?

2. Refer to the picture

Atheism isn't that illogical at all.  While we live in a world, where, yes, religion is a thing and therefore it forces people to consider the possibility of a divine creator, the fact of the matter is that there's absolutely no logic backing up the idea that the world, or at least the universe, was created by a higher power.  Science does plenty to support the theory that there is no god by taking away all the things he supposedly did.  While we're still left with a 'beginning' or 'origin' to explain, making a higher power explain it just opens up more questions, such as "If god created the universe, what created God?"  Beliving that the universe was not created by a higher power is not illogical, it makes perfect sense from a scientific standpoint. 

frankly, your crusade agaisnt atheism is really not winning you any favors. 

And what does your picture prove?  It has nothing to do with our argument.  Basically it says that people only believe what's convenient for them at the time, which really isn't an argument in favor of anything you seem to believe in. 

...its so logical i just came xD

Further point Runa, im not gonna further discuss on whether or not atheism or religion are illogical because it has nothing to do with the topic. Im sorry if i accidentally started the topic

Player1x3 said:
Further point Runa, im not gonna further discuss on whether or not atheism or religion are illogical because it has nothing to do with the topic. Im sorry if i accidentally started the topic

No you're not, you bring it up in every topic that even remotely relates to religion or religious intolerance. 

And your image is even more ignorant because anyone with a brain sees the illogical nature of the fallacious argument on it.  What you just did was a strawman fallacy.  Congratulations.  You fail at logic. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

The only thing that theist do is they invert an argument. That just shows that they have no argument at all. The burden of proof lies with the person making the positive claim....

Pimp3k said:
The only thing that theist do is they invert an argument. That just shows that they have no argument at all. The burden of proof lies with the person making the positive claim....

I've been saying that as long as I can remember and I am constantly getting wave after wave of "stop persecuting our religion"

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/08/08/hatemonger-bryan-fischer-kidnapping-children-from-same-sex-parents-is-like-freeing-slaves-tweets/

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Player1x3 said:
u
Mnementh said:

sales2099 said:

This is still an arguable point. Biologically, the male is genetically made to be attracted to the female. So either its a choice, sexual confusion, or its an anomaly, given that the gay population is a vast, vast numerical minority.

Dont take anomaly as a insult, I meant it as a numerical comparison.

Bolded is debatable. Homosexuality is obviously something natural, as it is observed for many mammals and is far too common to be a mutation or a fuckup in the recombination of genes. So it's probably of some evolutionary benefit amnd very likely our genes hold a usual preference for the other gender but ALSO a preference for the same gender. Which gene is expressed decdes if you are heterosexual, homosexual or even bisexual.

Firstly, he wasn't using animals to prove that homosexuality was okay in society. He was using homosexuality to prove that homosexuality natural among some beings and is not the result of people deliberately forcing themselves to be gay. Secondly, homosexuality is okay in society because it does not harm people's health - very different from murder or cannibalism.

Player1x3 said:
Mnementh said:
Player1x3 said:

Mnementh said:

Nobody died in the name of atheism. Or did someone made an atheist crusade or an atheist burning of witches or an atheist inquisition? What you mean is, that religions aren't the only ideologies, that cause harm. Facism, Stalinism, Maoism and so on had many victims. Although these ideologies weren't religious, tehy didn't claim they had to kill you because they are atheists.

No, they just killed you because you were theist. That's like saying ''KKK didn't lynch people for being black, they lynched them for not being white''

You're wrong. If you look at this list you can see, that a big number of the deaths can be accounted to famines, produced by completely wrong decisions. Namely the big leap forward in China was a big desaster. Communists killings were mostly against political enemies. Also the different facism killed people mostly because of their race and secondly because they were on a different political side (communists and social democrats mostly). In the atlantic slave trade most people were harmed simply because of profits. Most wars were fought over power. So this leaves the number of people killed from atheist because they were theists very small in comparison to all the other reasons.

And what, you think Inquisition and crusade killings were all just because one wasn't catholic ??? No it was still largely politics,greed and lust for power same as everything. The problem is, religion and politics were irreseperatable back than. In fact, the whole massacre the church committed on friday the 13th 1307 was because the Templars were getting too powerful and the church wanted them dead. The original point was that the regimes who favour atheism also killed tons of people like the institutions that favour religion.

It doesn't work that way. People can, have, and will kill each other for religious reasons. Atheists will never kill because of religion because there is no religious text that will tell them to kill.

It works like this. Religious people can kill because of non-religion factors plus because of religion. Non-religious people can only kill because of non-religious factors. It's as simple as that. And if you look at most societies today, there is a trend that, the more secular the society, the better it works.

I LOVE ICELAND!