By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Time for gun law reforms in the USA?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I obviously don't expect it to stop criminals from getting their hands on guns. What I do expect is for law abiding citizens to not become criminals through guns. Before criminals are criminals, they are law abiding citizens. You can't tell a man who plan to become a criminal in the future from a man who plan to be law abiding, but what they have in common is equal access to guns.

Do you know what criminals want more than anything?

Gun laws that keep guns out of the hands of law biding citizens.

Go ahead, make their day.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I disagree. Every citizen should have equal rights to be randomly killed by maniacs.

Seriously though, in my opinion guns should be banned altogether. Less people would die that way (I believe. Feel free to prove me wrong here), and I don't give a fuck about some ancient old 'rights'. Sure, removing guns from people (at the exchange of currency) would not be a simple task, but isn't it worth it even if only one single person is saved as a result?

But yeah, I don't live in America so obviously my opinion doesn't really matter. It's their country, not mine.

Baltimore has one of the strictest gun control laws in the United States, and one of the highest homicide rates in the country ...

If you can't prevent criminals from getting their hands on tons of drugs, what makes you believe that you can prevent criminals from getting their hands on tons of guns?

The only people gun control prevents from owning guns are law abiding, honest and mentally stable individuals; the people who are unlikely to use them to commit a crime with them.

I've said before, these city-by-city bans won't work because of the loose laws within driving distance. It's easy to buy a gun legally elsewhere and simply drag it back into town. A nationwide ban would make it different.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

There is no way to judge that you idiot. You're right if we had a way to judge someone was about to become a criminal then we shouldn't give them a gun. But we also shouldn't let them have a knife, a car, things that can light on fire. Do you know why? BECAUSE YOU CAN KILL A PERSON WITH ANYTHING! It is also really easy to obtain guns illegally. God I am tired of people that think they have the answers. Even though THE1 has no solution. He says law abiding citizens should have guns unless they will become criminals? good luck figuring that one out

>User was moderated for this post [RH]

Mr Khan said:
HappySqurriel said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I disagree. Every citizen should have equal rights to be randomly killed by maniacs.

Seriously though, in my opinion guns should be banned altogether. Less people would die that way (I believe. Feel free to prove me wrong here), and I don't give a fuck about some ancient old 'rights'. Sure, removing guns from people (at the exchange of currency) would not be a simple task, but isn't it worth it even if only one single person is saved as a result?

But yeah, I don't live in America so obviously my opinion doesn't really matter. It's their country, not mine.

Baltimore has one of the strictest gun control laws in the United States, and one of the highest homicide rates in the country ...

If you can't prevent criminals from getting their hands on tons of drugs, what makes you believe that you can prevent criminals from getting their hands on tons of guns?

The only people gun control prevents from owning guns are law abiding, honest and mentally stable individuals; the people who are unlikely to use them to commit a crime with them.

I've said before, these city-by-city bans won't work because of the loose laws within driving distance. It's easy to buy a gun legally elsewhere and simply drag it back into town. A nationwide ban would make it different.

Like the nationwide ban on drugs? Or would it be the same as now, criminals would buy their guns from the same people they buy their drugs. If you can't stop drugs from coming in what makes you think you can stop guns?

thranx said:
Mr Khan said:

Like the nationwide ban on drugs? Or would it be the same as now, criminals would buy their guns from the same people they buy their drugs. If you can't stop drugs from coming in what makes you think you can stop guns?

The key difference is that guns aren't addictive (though the way people in America act, you wouldn't think so), and if guns had the kind of markup drugs did, they would be much harder to buy in any event.

Nor is it a valid argument to say that "just because the criminals have them, we should get them." It's as egregious as the argument for nuclear deterrence, and more dangerous (because individuals are less stable than governments)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Bearing arms could be interpreted in so many ways. You could interpret it as being able to carry ANY arm, including, say, WMDs. That could be legal one day according to the US constitution.

Or you could restrict it to knifes or whatever.

I think for guns to be legal is crazy, and I don't get the "need to defend myself" thing because where I come from nobody carries guns so you don't need a gun to protect yourself against guns. I have only seen guns carried by some (I stress some) members of the police force. I don't feel threatened in the slightest by guns. It's a pretty lame excuse if you ask me.

BUT, if the USA banned guns today there would be a huuuuuuuuuuuge black market there, because those hundreds of millions of guns among the population where not going to disappear from one day to the next. So at this point the solution may be worse than the problem.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Banning guns would have been a great idea a few decades ago, but too many people own them now to make a complete ban possible.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Viper1 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I obviously don't expect it to stop criminals from getting their hands on guns. What I do expect is for law abiding citizens to not become criminals through guns. Before criminals are criminals, they are law abiding citizens. You can't tell a man who plan to become a criminal in the future from a man who plan to be law abiding, but what they have in common is equal access to guns.

Do you know what criminals want more than anything?

Gun laws that keep guns out of the hands of law biding citizens.

Go ahead, make their day.

I thought there was a police force in the US?

So you think that the very moment guns become illegal, criminals will start robbing from people and their properties more than ever? That they will no longer fear commiting crimes just because the victims won't shoot them?

You can think again. And like I said, this reform's main purpose would not be to stop criminals from commiting crimes. A criminal already has commited crimes and isn't legally able to bear arms in the first place. This reform's main purpose would be to make it more difficult for future criminals to cary out their will. Less potential criminals is always a good thing.

Mr Khan said:
thranx said:
Mr Khan said:

The key difference is that guns aren't addictive (though the way people in America act, you wouldn't think so), and if guns had the kind of markup drugs did, they would be much harder to buy in any event.

Nor is it a valid argument to say that "just because the criminals have them, we should get them." It's as egregious as the argument for nuclear deterrence, and more dangerous (because individuals are less stable than governments)

its a valid argument if you want to protect yourself from said criminals. The police can not be at your house to prevent a shooting, they are their after the fact.

Being addictive has nothing to do it. Any number of banned things are smuggled into the US addictive or not. If its banned there is a black market for it that no one controls but the criminals. Better to have them legal and have some control over it, than ban things and let the gangs have control of it. It didn't work with alcohol, it isn't working for drugs and it won't work for guns. Black markets just give criminals another avenue of income.

Why should guns be banned?

lt_dan_27 said:

There is no way to judge that you idiot. You're right if we had a way to judge someone was about to become a criminal then we shouldn't give them a gun. But we also shouldn't let them have a knife, a car, things that can light on fire. Do you know why? BECAUSE YOU CAN KILL A PERSON WITH ANYTHING! It is also really easy to obtain guns illegally. God I am tired of people that think they have the answers. Even though THE1 has no solution. He says law abiding citizens should have guns unless they will become criminals? good luck figuring that one out

>User was moderated for this post [RH]

Then why the USA Army spends tons of money in weapon developement? They can use a Toyota Prius to kill the bad guys and save the planet at the same time.