By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Time for gun law reforms in the USA?

gun control laws are communist style government intervention that infringes upon the american constitution and the individuals's right to bear arms.
gun control laws would only put more guns into criminals hands and a black market for illegal arms would emerge.
gun laws have not worked in countries that have introduced them.
people are to blame for their crimes, not the guns.

people  choose whether or not to pull the trigger. more people need access to guns and gun massacre tragedies can be prevented. less control over guns and deregulation is needed over guns. 

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
It's long since overdue. The NRA has a stranglehold on our society and would have us all live in fear of one another, mixing racism and paranoia in good measure. American gun owners make up less than 1% of the world's population, but own 1/3rd of the world's guns, and nobody needs that many guns.

You don't need assault rifles for any reason other than mass murder or trying to overthrow the government, for one. Anyone who owns one should categorically fall under police suspicion.

it's like some American youtubers i follow many have none, small minority have dozens every type of gun you can think (MG's, SMG's, assault rifles, snipers, shotguns etc. anything pretty much) it's ridiculous!!

But anyway, i agree with you, what's seriously stopping a group of nutters from storming the white house or the pentagon? nothing!! it's suprising the law didn't change when Kennedy was assassinated tbh

Also, what you're saying about the NRA sums up how your government works now unfortunately, you vote for them but you really have no say. groups like the NRA, banks and corporations and rich people basically own it and bribe congress to do what they say (both parties) 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

HappySqurriel said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I disagree. Every citizen should have equal rights to be randomly killed by maniacs.

Seriously though, in my opinion guns should be banned altogether. Less people would die that way (I believe. Feel free to prove me wrong here), and I don't give a fuck about some ancient old 'rights'. Sure, removing guns from people (at the exchange of currency) would not be a simple task, but isn't it worth it even if only one single person is saved as a result?

But yeah, I don't live in America so obviously my opinion doesn't really matter. It's their country, not mine.

Baltimore has one of the strictest gun control laws in the United States, and one of the highest homicide rates in the country ...

If you can't prevent criminals from getting their hands on tons of drugs, what makes you believe that you can prevent criminals from getting their hands on tons of guns?

The only people gun control prevents from owning guns are law abiding, honest and mentally stable individuals; the people who are unlikely to use them to commit a crime with them.

is gun laws decided by state rather than government in america then?

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Maybe permission to keep guns at home, and a large penalty if carrying one in public (minimum 5 years in UK, but I think it should be ~10 years to make a proper deterrent). Obviously make concealed weapons completely illegal too (even in the home).

These threads sometimes get out of hand quickly, so remember to respect other people's opinions without turning to personal insults.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
gun control laws are communist style government intervention that infringes upon the american constitution.
gun control laws would only put more guns into criminals hands and a black market for illegal arms would emerge.

i know i'm going off topic here, but if this is so do the same for drugs. legalise everything. that would destroy the cartels you find across mexico and south america and reduce your prison population by alot. the war on drugs is arguably is "communist style government intervention" too and a huge failure at that

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

gun control laws are communist style government intervention that infringes upon the american constitution and the individuals's right to bear arms.

people  choose whether or not to pull the trigger. more people need access to guns and gun massacre tragedies can be prevented. less control over guns and deregulation is needed over guns. 

With that logic people should be allowed to own nukes because nukes don't kill people, people do. The fact is that many of these mass murders would not be able to be committed by a person if they had a knife and not an assault rifle.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

The fact is, legalality of weapons makes it easier to get your hands on one.

the2real4mafol said:
HappySqurriel said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I disagree. Every citizen should have equal rights to be randomly killed by maniacs.

Seriously though, in my opinion guns should be banned altogether. Less people would die that way (I believe. Feel free to prove me wrong here), and I don't give a fuck about some ancient old 'rights'. Sure, removing guns from people (at the exchange of currency) would not be a simple task, but isn't it worth it even if only one single person is saved as a result?

But yeah, I don't live in America so obviously my opinion doesn't really matter. It's their country, not mine.

Baltimore has one of the strictest gun control laws in the United States, and one of the highest homicide rates in the country ...

If you can't prevent criminals from getting their hands on tons of drugs, what makes you believe that you can prevent criminals from getting their hands on tons of guns?

The only people gun control prevents from owning guns are law abiding, honest and mentally stable individuals; the people who are unlikely to use them to commit a crime with them.

is gun laws decided by state rather than government in america then?

state government is still the government, just not the federal government. Yes some laws are left up to the states to decide. The problem in america with guns comes down to criminals. The best way to lower current gun deaths would be to legalize drugs so gangs do not have access to so much money that they can finace the buying and using of weapons against each other. Not to try to restrict legal gun owners rights. You probably have to legalise prostitiution also as i am sure thats where the gangs would get their money after that.

HappySqurriel said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I obviously don't expect it to stop criminals from getting their hands on guns. What I do expect is for law abiding citizens to not become criminals through guns. Before criminals are criminals, they are law abiding citizens. You can't tell a man who plan to become a criminal in the future from a man who plan to be law abiding, but what they have in common is equal access to guns.

Whoever agrees with this guy is an idiot. Gun laws aren't a problem. Canada has more relaxed gun laws and lessx violent gun crime. Watch Micheal Moore's movie "Bowling for Columbine." Also think of this. Almost every violent massacre was used with illelgal weapons. Columbine they had automatic weapons. It's not like you can go into a gun store and get one. Also THEY DO BACKGRAOUND CHECKS!!!!!!! When you buy a gun there is a 24 hour waiting period to make sure that you have no criminal history or mental disorders. Think of it like this. It is illegal to smoke or drink before you are 21, but I am betting that didn't stop the majority of you. Stop bitching about gun laws. It isn't gun laws, it's the USA's frame of mind. It's YOUR frame of mind that causes shootings.

Here are some things that kill more americans than violent gun crime

Flu and Pnuemonia 53,382

Diabetes 68504

Lung disease 137,082

Heart disease 598,607

Well over a million people die every year in the us every year. guns are  at about 26,000 including suicide homicide and acccinets. I'm not saying that there isn't a problem, but the problem isn't gun control.