By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Time for gun law reforms in the USA?

currently America's constitution says each citizen has the right "to keep and bear arms". isn't it time that this was reformed, so this right was more restricted, i mean you can go there open a bank account and they give YOU a free gun in some parts. WTH? surely, the amount of ammo and guns you have should be restricted. but also, you should have to have a criminal check too. Had these existed then 2 massacres (the one at the cinema at the batman launch and the more recent attack against the sikhs) in America might not have happened this year among the many others in the past. i'm not saying ban guns entirely or serevely limit them like in my country, great britain but surely it's time for America to decide, rather than let more innocent people die at the hands of a maniac

Do you agree? why/ why not? 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

It's stupid that they didn't reform their gun laws long ago. American's enamourment with firearms is a large part of why a majority of the world see them as gun toting idiots. If they don't put some controls on gun ownership soon, then they really have nobody but themselves to blame for any shootings that happen.

the2real4mafol said:

currently America's constitution says each citizen has the right "to keep and bear arms". isn't it time that this was reformed, so this right was more restricted, i mean you can go there open a bank account and they give YOU a free gun in some parts. WTH? surely, the amount of ammo and guns you have should be restricted. but also, you should have to have a criminal check too. Had these existed then 2 massacres (the one at the cinema at the batman launch and the more recent attack against the sikhs) in America might not have happened this year among the many others in the past. i'm not saying ban guns entirely or serevely limit them like in my country, great britain but surely it's time for America to decide, rather than let more innocent people die at the hands of a maniac

Do you agree? why/ why not? 

In most western countries the vast majority of gun violence is committed by a known criminal using an illegally acquired gun to kill another known criminal. Gun violence committed by law abiding citizens is almost statistically insignificant.

Beyond that, gun control is an outdated concept that is similar to trying to stop music theft by installing RFID chips on all CDs ...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/30/3d_printed_assault_rifle/

Im not sure i mean criminals will always get weapons no matter how hard you make it for them to get the guns.

I wonder why the swiss people dont kill each other all the time. I mean every household IS FORCED BY LAW to have a weapon and every HOUSE NO MATTER IF APPARTMENT BUILDING OF YOUR OWN HOME has to have a bunker underneath otherwhise you wont get a permission to built it.

It's long since overdue. The NRA has a stranglehold on our society and would have us all live in fear of one another, mixing racism and paranoia in good measure. American gun owners make up less than 1% of the world's population, but own 1/3rd of the world's guns, and nobody needs that many guns.

You don't need assault rifles for any reason other than mass murder or trying to overthrow the government, for one. Anyone who owns one should categorically fall under police suspicion.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I disagree. Every citizen should have equal rights to be randomly killed by maniacs.

Seriously though, in my opinion guns should be banned altogether. Less people would die that way (I believe. Feel free to prove me wrong here), and I don't give a fuck about some ancient old 'rights'. Sure, removing guns from people (at the exchange of currency) would not be a simple task, but isn't it worth it even if only one single person is saved as a result?

But yeah, I don't live in America so obviously my opinion doesn't really matter. It's their country, not mine.

Mr Khan said:
It's long since overdue. The NRA has a stranglehold on our society and would have us all live in fear of one another, mixing racism and paranoia in good measure. American gun owners make up less than 1% of the world's population, but own 1/3rd of the world's guns, and nobody needs that many guns.

You don't need assault rifles for any reason other than mass murder or trying to overthrow the government, for one. Anyone who owns one should categorically fall under police suspicion.

What percentage of people who legally own these weapons commit a crime using them?

HappySqurriel said:
Mr Khan said:

What percentage of people who legally own these weapons commit a crime using them?

I wouldn't have a clue, but surely the right to own guns means the chance or opportunity to commit crimes is higher especially if you carry a gun with you 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I disagree. Every citizen should have equal rights to be randomly killed by maniacs.

Seriously though, in my opinion guns should be banned altogether. Less people would die that way (I believe. Feel free to prove me wrong here), and I don't give a fuck about some ancient old 'rights'. Sure, removing guns from people (at the exchange of currency) would not be a simple task, but isn't it worth it even if only one single person is saved as a result?

But yeah, I don't live in America so obviously my opinion doesn't really matter. It's their country, not mine.

Baltimore has one of the strictest gun control laws in the United States, and one of the highest homicide rates in the country ...

If you can't prevent criminals from getting their hands on tons of drugs, what makes you believe that you can prevent criminals from getting their hands on tons of guns?

The only people gun control prevents from owning guns are law abiding, honest and mentally stable individuals; the people who are unlikely to use them to commit a crime with them.

the2real4mafol said:
HappySqurriel said:
Mr Khan said:

I wouldn't have a clue, but surely the right to own guns means the chance or opportunity to commit crimes is higher especially if you carry a gun with you 

Except, if you look at the statistics, in the United States the states with the highest incidence of legal gun ownership also have the lowest rates of homicides.

For the most part, gun violence is committed by criminals in order to harm other criminals ... Gun control has little or no impact on criminals and only disarms the law abiding citizens.