By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Total Recall Vs. Total Recall ~ Gonna be good?

Tagged games:

Are you going to see it?

I cannot recall? 8 17.02%

Yes, but I will not like it 5 10.64%

Yes, but I will like it. 6 12.77%

No 15 31.91%

This is for making me com... 4 8.51%

Maybe 5 10.64%

Other ( possibly post below ) 0 0%

See reslutez 3 6.38%

Total:46
SnakeDrake said:
I cant remember watching the original but I really liked this movie. The world reminded me of Desu Ex. This remake was like a sifi version of the bourne identity.

ah bourne identity,another remake that people most liekly dont know is a remake. The original bourne identify for me was much better as it was less action and more story telling about bourne himself. as also about anhour longer, so did drag abit, butwas nice to learn about the character.

Around the Network

Actually had a decent first day will easily make more money then the early estimate of only $18 million dollars for the opening weekend.

I saw the trailer, it looked pretty interesting. I haven't played or seen anything Total Recall before.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

So, obviously they are remaking the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie without taking a second look at the original short story by Philip K. Dick.

what a great idea!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Im looking forward to Total recall. From the trailers and clips i watched it looked like a entertainin g action movie with some great action scenes. Will be day one for me.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
SnakeDrake said:
I cant remember watching the original but I really liked this movie. The world reminded me of Desu Ex. This remake was like a sifi version of the bourne identity.

Wait. So you went to see this movie yesterday?

So that is the trick for reboots. Just wait a generation, and those who have never seen the original will enjoy whatever is thrown at them.

Well duh ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I just know Im going to hate the remake. I currently hate hollywood for its lack of imagination and dependency on remakes. Stop ruining classics you pricks!!!

RedInker said:
I just know Im going to hate the remake. I currently hate hollywood for its lack of imagination and dependency on remakes. Stop ruining classics you pricks!!!

hahahahahahaahahah. Thats hilarious. Now tell me mister movie expert, how many remakes where done this year? And keep in mind, some remakes are much better then the original.

From the top of my head recent reamkes include, King Kong (for the second time) Superman, Spiderman, War of the Worlds, Death Race, assualt on precint 13, Alfie, Dawn of the dead, The katate Kid, Hairspray, gone in 60 seconds, The hills have eyes, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Italian Job, Oceans Eleven. The Time machine, Parent Trap, Thirteen Ghosts, Independence Day (put that in because it's basically War of the Worlds) Star Trek, (more of a rebbot though)

Then you've got remakes of foreign films to suit an American auidence. The ring, the grudge, Godzilla, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the rumoured Battle Royale.

Now heres some In production and/or Rumoured.
Total Recall, Dredd, Evil Dead, Highlander, Drop Dead Fred, escape from New York, Robocop, Mortal Kombat, All Quiet on the Western front, Red Dawn, death Wish, Lethal Weapon, Short circuit, wargames, Romancing the Stone, The Birds, The Warriors and Dirty Dancing.

So quite a long list. I'm sure theres more. I'm not saying all remakes are bad. Some are quite good but most are shite. I just want Hollywood to come up with new stories and new "classics" and stop trying to make a quick buck on old classics.

RedInker said:
From the top of my head recent reamkes include, King Kong (for the second time) Superman, Spiderman, War of the Worlds, Death Race, assualt on precint 13, Alfie, Dawn of the dead, The katate Kid, Hairspray, gone in 60 seconds, The hills have eyes, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Italian Job, Oceans Eleven. The Time machine, Parent Trap, Thirteen Ghosts, Independence Day (put that in because it's basically War of the Worlds) Star Trek, (more of a rebbot though)

Then you've got remakes of foreign films to suit an American auidence. The ring, the grudge, Godzilla, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the rumoured Battle Royale.

Now heres some In production and/or Rumoured.
Total Recall, Dredd, Evil Dead, Highlander, Drop Dead Fred, escape from New York, Robocop, Mortal Kombat, All Quiet on the Western front, Red Dawn, death Wish, Lethal Weapon, Short circuit, wargames, Romancing the Stone, The Birds, The Warriors and Dirty Dancing.

So quite a long list. I'm sure theres more. I'm not saying all remakes are bad. Some are quite good but most are shite. I just want Hollywood to come up with new stories and new "classics" and stop trying to make a quick buck on old classics.

All Quiet on the Western front could be good I hope they stick close to the orginal book and this time it should be R rated.  The Red Dawn remake is finished they just need to find a distributor.  You pretty much named all the remakes that are in the works except for Oldboy which could be pretty good since Josh Brolin will play the lead role.