By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Total Recall Vs. Total Recall ~ Gonna be good?

Tagged games:

Are you going to see it?

I cannot recall? 8 17.02%

Yes, but I will not like it 5 10.64%

Yes, but I will like it. 6 12.77%

No 15 31.91%

This is for making me com... 4 8.51%

Maybe 5 10.64%

Other ( possibly post below ) 0 0%

See reslutez 3 6.38%

Total:46
sethnintendo said:
" Almost 120,000 users on IMDB have rated it at 7.5/100 and it is in the top 500 movies on that site of all time."

I believe that is an error right? 7.5 out of 100?

It's not an error just saw a pannel review on Youtube Ben Mankiewicz gave the remake a 2.5/10 and at the end he was asked what he would give the original and he said 8.5/10.  Overall the entire pannel agreed that the remake as a whole is pretty forgetable, while the orginal had many memoral scenes and lines.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
sethnintendo said:
" Almost 120,000 users on IMDB have rated it at 7.5/100 and it is in the top 500 movies on that site of all time."

It's not an error just saw a pannel review on Youtube Ben Mankiewicz gave the remake a 2.5/10 and at the end he was asked what he would give the original and he said 8.5/10.  Overall the entire pannel agreed that the remake as a whole is pretty forgetable, while the orginal had many memoral scenes and lines.

Yea but in the op he has 7.5/100.  So it is 7.5/10.  The ratio in the op was just off.  I was trying to figure out if it was like 70 something out of 100 or 7.5/10 but I guess that would be the same.  7.5/100 would be a shitty score though!

No thanks, maybe when it appears on Netflix in a couple of years. But I will watch the original again on blu-ray soonish, fun movie.

SvennoJ said:
No thanks, maybe when it appears on Netflix in a couple of years. But I will watch the original again on blu-ray soonish, fun movie.

The current movie producers - Hey, man, I got five kids to feed!

Douglas Quaid: Benny? Why?
Melina: How can you do this? You're a mutant.
Benny: [shrugs] I got four kids to feed.
Douglas Quaid: So what happened to number five?
Benny: [beat] Aw, shit, man! You got me. I'm not even married. Now, shut up and put your fucking hands in the air!

sethnintendo said:
Chris Hu said:
sethnintendo said:

Yea but in the op he has 7.5/100.  So it is 7.5/10.  The ratio in the op was just off.  I was trying to figure out if it was like 70 something out of 100 or 7.5/10 but I guess that would be the same.  7.5/100 would be a shitty score though!

Oops didn't read your comment good enough yeah the original is a 7.5 out of 10 on imdb.  Also the only major movie critic that liked the remake so far is Roger Ebert he gave it a 75/100.  Their are also two movie critics that I never heard of that gave it a higher score on metacritic one gave it a 88/100 the other 83/100 the majority scores are below 60/100 and the metacritic average is 44/100.  Also the imdb average score for the remake actually went up it started with a 5.7/10 and now is at 6.4/10.

Around the Network

I cant remember watching the original but I really liked this movie. The world reminded me of Desu Ex. This remake was like a sifi version of the bourne identity.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I voted maybe. It looks like a different tamer version of the orginal. I'll just wait until the dvd release.

spurgeonryan said:
SnakeDrake said:
I cant remember watching the original but I really liked this movie. The world reminded me of Desu Ex. This remake was like a sifi version of the bourne identity.

Wait. So you went to see this movie yesterday?

So that is the trick for reboots. Just wait a generation, and those who have never seen the original will enjoy whatever is thrown at them.

Yes, Tbh I had no expectation or interest with this movie, but my friends called me up. Nothing wrong with a free ticket :) 

I guess thats the trick since none of my friends who went with me watched the original, however after watching this remake we want to watche the original to see arnold performance

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

THIS IS NOT TOTAL RECALL. THIS IS A DIFFERENT FUCKING MOVIE. And it's a 12a/pg13!!! WTF

i won't be watching it. no mars no sale.

plus I am stick of remakes. we really need to all stop watching remakes. that way hollywood will get it.